Schnauzer Breeders???

luvragdolls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are thinking about getting a Schnauzer puppy soon. Does anyone know of an excellent breeder in/around Springfield, Missouri?

Thank you so much!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much help to you - I just wanted to say, Schnauzers are cute! I know a couple mini ones, and they're little bundles of energy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvragdolls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I'm not much help to you - I just wanted to say, Schnauzers are cute! I know a couple mini ones, and they're little bundles of energy.
I think so but more than that, I just love their temperment. We had a Schnauzer mix for many years until last year when she had a stroke and passed away. So, we have started looking for the right breeder for a possible new family member.

Tammy

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Below is a contact for breeder referral...Ted Montgomery at bottom (If you aren't looking at mini schnauzers, they could also direct you to standard schnauzer breeders or clubs I am sure).

Heart of America Miniature Schnauzer Club
President:
Ray Shilly Secretary:
Joyce Thomas
SE Box 173-2 Lake Topawingo
Blue Springs, MO 64015

Delegate:
Ted Montgomery
6200 Paseo Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64110-3536
(816) 523-7363
Email: [email protected]

Breeder Referral:
Ted Montgomery
6200 Paseo Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64110-3536
(816) 523-7363
Email: [email protected]

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful about breeders in Missouri - many puppy mills are there. Go to the breeders house to personally check out the pups, living conditions, etc.

Why not check Petfinder.com first to adopt a pup?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that too...I have heard that most puppy mills and BYB's are in Missouri!!!!

Be very careful...I agree that a rescue is a great idea too.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Why not check Petfinder.com first to adopt a pup?
I posted a few schnauzers for adoption in Missouri above..one is young and one is a pup.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd say the #1 thing would be to check the breed specific club for referrals. Anybody can get a good referral from the AKC but the parent club is a bit stricter.

Also, if your state is a big puppy mill state i'd be willing to go a bit out of state to find a breeder. But dont worry, im sure you will be able to find a good breeder in your state!

If you are willing to adopt try a Schnauzer Rescue, usually they are very willing to travel to bring you your pup.