Boy...Am I dumb!!!

verynycegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I took Pumpkin to the vet today for his check up, shots & to be neutered....Well, his checkup shows he is overall healthy, other then he will need a good cleaning on his teeth in the near future! His shots went off without any problems. He was also tested for Leukemia & AIDS and both test came back negative!!!! YIPPPPIE!
Ok....when Pumpkin showed up at our door step I knew he was a male because....well, I could see boy parts...lol So of course I figured he was not neutered....WRONG!!! I guess they can still have their boy parts visible and already be neutered!! I'm learning new things everyday!! I was so happy he didn't have to have anything real painful done!! He is home and was so happy to get out of his cat carrier which he simply does not like!! They did find one tick on him and the vet said he was a very good groomer since he was a stray and had minimal evidence of fleas. They also estimated his age at being about 4 years old!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HA, want to hear a good one? When I was trapping my ferals, I was so sure that I had trapped a male, I took him to the vet's that morning and asked her to neuter "him". When I went to pick "him" up, she said, "You have a very healthy her". Not funny......so not funny. I had called "her" Junior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verynycegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL...I feel better now!!! I just thought if you could see boy part's that meant they had not been neutered yet! I was happy he was already done....I'm glad his visit to the vet was an easy one!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by verynycegirl

Well, I took Pumpkin to the vet today for his check up, shots & to be neutered....Well, his checkup shows he is overall healthy, other then he will need a good cleaning on his teeth in the near future! His shots went off without any problems. He was also tested for Leukemia & AIDS and both test came back negative!!!! YIPPPPIE!
Ok....when Pumpkin showed up at our door step I knew he was a male because....well, I could see boy parts...lol So of course I figured he was not neutered....WRONG!!! I guess they can still have their boy parts visible and already be neutered!! I'm learning new things everyday!! I was so happy he didn't have to have anything real painful done!! He is home and was so happy to get out of his cat carrier which he simply does not like!! They did find one tick on him and the vet said he was a very good groomer since he was a stray and had minimal evidence of fleas. They also estimated his age at being about 4 years old!
LOL....well....don't feel bad....we had 3 cats at our last feral cat clinic that were already spayed. We had prepped them for their spay surgery and when they were shaved..we found spay scars.

It's actually really good he was already neutered...means that he wasn't about fathering any litters.

Katie

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This post actually makes me feel good.
I kind of makes me wonder if the male cat we're hoping to bring into our home may already be neutered.
He also appears to have all of his "boy parts"...but he does not spray ( if he has it has no odor at all ), he does not roam more than two doors down the street, and he will not fight with the other male cats in the neighborhood..even if a small male kitten tries to fight with him he runs the other way.

Thanks for the post, gives me some hope

verynycegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin did not spray either and he is so quiet & timid....I should have guessed he could have already been neutered!!! Good luck with your new boys!!

Tracy

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kidd is the same way, very quiet and timid...not at all what I'd expect from a male cat that isn't neutered.

So my fingers are crossed that he is already done!

verynycegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When is Kidd going to the Vet? Pumpkin is really quiet and shy. I still can't get him to come sit with me. I absolutely love when a cat sits in my lap. I'm wondering if Pumpkin is still too scared or just not a lap cat type....

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a "foster" whom I bottle raised from about 2 weeks (Smoochie). This week she finally decided to start sitting in my lap. She's seven years old.

I know this doesn't help much, except to say- who knows what goes on in those fuzzy little heads
?

verynycegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guess I just need to be patient....very very patient!!! LOL
I love your little kitty banner....how do you do them? I'd love to figure out how to make one!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he was supposed to go today...BUT we ran into a bit of a problem.
My Husband was on his way to work the other day and the engine blew up in his Jeep.
That has to be taken care of ASAP...so the Vet money plus thousands more had to go to the jeep.
I thought I was just going to have to wait it out or bring him in and keep him locked in another room away from my female cats....we have three, one is spayed but the other two have breathing problems and no Vet will chance spaying them.
Three different Vets have told me the risk is just to high.

On a good note, my Vet just called me a few minutes ago and told me that he would do all the testing, rabbies shot and neuter for $65...

So we'll bring him in Tuesday night, lock him in the bathroom and take him to have his "parts" removed at 1PM Wednesday....he said I can pick him up at 2PM...sounds quick to me, but I'm no Vet.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by verynycegirl

Guess I just need to be patient....very very patient!!! LOL
I love your little kitty banner....how do you do them? I'd love to figure out how to make one!
"Abbysmom" (Karen) just made it for me! Thanks!
You can go here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92326

and request one (or more- I just put out my request once, but now I have two others (one even before I asked!)
Stormy (Diane) made my other one with all the cats, and then I have one of just Meggie (also by stormy)- I'm enjoying rotating them in and out now!