How old were you when you got your first job?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be applying at a coffee shop in a few weeks. I LOVE it there, the people are so nice and it just has a nice mellow atmosphere.

So, how old were you when you got your first job?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides always helping my dad with his A/C business my first REAL job was when I was 16. I was a lifeguard at a local country club... I loved it! Can you imagine a redheaded lifeguard? I wore SO much sunblock that I would slip and slide off the lifeguard stand!

Good luck with getting the job

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 16 when I got my first job. I worked at a day care and pretty much watched 8 kids by myself all day. (I dropped out of school) Tahe woman I worked for hated kids and I really dont know why she had a day care. But they all loved me and wanted me withthem all the time. They were 6, 5, 4, 2 3, 2,1 and 4 months.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 17....I worked at a band and orchestra supply store. And we had commission so when people came in for oboe reeds, it never failed that we tried to sell them a cello or a drum set.

I worked at my dad's practice every summer before that starting at age 11.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I worked for my Father when I was 12-14. It really made me allergic to working.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 i worked with a guy that had a office cleaning business from the church i went to

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started helping out Grandma at the nursing home where she worked as soon as I could walk... Yes some of it was real work...

First official job was 14 at Parks and Rec s during the summer ... I worked with 5-12 yr olds in a summer program ( guess why I dont want kids
)

Paying job I was 17

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Babysitting through my teens, and short term childcare as an upshot of that. But real job for real pay -- I was 16, straight out of high school (grade eleven in Quebec) in an entry level office job -- read "gopher". That's a loooooooooong time ago. Lotsa water under the bridge.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get the job! There is nothing quite like the feeling of looking at your first very own pay cheque!!
My most favourite jobs that I ever had were in the hospitality industry working in restaurants and/or bartending.

I've been working as long as I can remember! My very first jobs were babysitting when I was 11 or 12 years old.

My first "real job" was when I was 16 years old and I started working for an inventory company. It involved travelling around Manitoba and Ontario with the company doing inventory in various stores and companies. It was hard and tedious work, but it was great fun when we went out of town for a few days.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
My first ' job'(it wasn't a real job)
was helping my dad,he was a 'milk man' and I used to help him on his deliveries and collecting payments and I got paid ' tips' by customers,I was 5 years old and my dad went to one house for their milk money and I went to next door,Of course the world was a safer place back then
I loved it,it was cold work but I used to earn between £1-2 in one night and that wasn't bad for a five year old in 1971

After that I did 3 paper rounds when I was 12,but that paid peanuts just a couple of quid for one round so I sacked that

I hope you get the job too

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cool that your Dad was a Milkman, Diana!
I loved our Larry The Milk!

I started my first business when I was three and would flog homemade cards and gifts to my Mum's friends and visitors (whoever they were!)

From then, I started my car washing business making between £5 - £10 per car depending on the service!

I then provided a dog walking sevice and took on a paper round (like you, Diana, I had to deliver 250 papers in one evening for the grand total of £5!!!!)

I got my first real employed job when I was 18 in a wonderful 'Old Mans' Pub' and continued working the bars until I hurt my knee!

Now I'm back to starting my own business again!

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first job was bartendering for the sports club my mother ran. I was illegally working behind the bar at 14! I worked every weekend and most "practice" evenings. I earned big bucks on tips and because my mother paid me, I always got double rate for being the only barmaid on busy nights!
I worked at the sports club until one of the members gave me a PA/Assistant job pretty much straight after finishing school which is where I worked for 8 years until leaving SA and coming to England... I still worked the bar every weekend though. The times we had at the bar were the best in my life.

I now work in the interior design industry and love it!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I reply to the thread...I love your goats John!!! Great siggy!

Anyhoo - 16, chief char lady and coffee maker in a small London boutique! I got paid a daily wage and 15% commission on every sale!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first "job" at a retail store I was 17....but my first real job at Allstate insurance...I was 18