The Saga of Reilly is coming to an end

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's going to her new home tomorrow afternoon. She was spayed (for real this time!) and her new meowmy is all ready for her! She went out and bought a cat tree (While calling me every 5 mins asking what toys she likes
) and got all her supplies. She will be in her own room for a week or two to recover from her spay and to get familiar with her new home. I have given my friend the addy for TCS and she's going to try to get on here. She doesn't have a newer computer and has a hard time with the internet but will give me pictures whenever we ask. She also said the kids are more then welcome to come over anytime to see her... as long as they have no puppy fur on them

The kittens are doing awesome! They have been running around the house and playing like nothings wrong. They are starting to munch on dry food more and more also. I free feed so it's there if they want it!
Im SOOO relieved everything's working out!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for Reilly that she is going to her new forever home!
I am so sorry it didn't work out for you guys..
but atleast you'll get to visit her whenever you'd like and oh I really hope she joins here!
make sure if she doesn't join here to let us know how Reilly is doing!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the kits are doing so good without Mommy there
.And that you have found a home for Reilly where you can keep updated about her

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww.. I'm really glad to hear that everything is working out
I hope Reilly does well in her new home - please keep us updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I am so happy for Reilly that she is going to her new forever home!
I am so sorry it didn't work out for you guys..
but atleast you'll get to visit her whenever you'd like and oh I really hope she joins here!
make sure if she doesn't join here to let us know how Reilly is doing!
You bet! I seen Reilly yesterday and she was being SO sweet. She loved on me for about 30 mins.. I had the old Reilly back! I think this will be the best thing for her and hope no one thinks I'm chosing Jake over her. Jake was abused by his previous owners and had his leg broken and he is VERY easily stressed out over the slightest things so rehoming him was not an option. He's a velcro puppy
and it would take MONTHS to rid the house of the dog hair. I just really think she's going to be happier there. There aren't any children and only one other cat that keeps to it's self for the most part. She's even considering taking Cooter once he's old enough. Which I think will be great. There is just too much comotion and with her allergies we don't want her to have to go through anything else

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found a dog free home for Reilly poor girl. At least you can go see her.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I *think* it is the best thing for everyone involved also.Reilly would only suffer from her allergies from ALL the dog hair.I know how hard it is to get rid of dog hair in a house.
Now, she'll be allergy free and therefore stress free

Jake is a special dog and needs you.Reilly needed you and now is able to move on.Don't feel or think bad about yourself or your decision either

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased things have worked out for her!! It's great that she's going to a home where you can visit her still as well.

Sounds as though she'll be a much more comfortable kitty now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.
I just didn't want everyone upset with me about it. I also think it's best that the kittens stay with me instead of fostering them with her and risking an allergy passed on.
Obviously Jake has gotten over the incident with Reilly and his fear of the kittens. I have caught them on more then one occasion tonight playing together. Jake will nudge them with his nose and they will play with his ears
And he did the coolest thing last night.
DH went outside to smoke and left the front door cracked. The babies were having thier "out" time in the living room when Duke and Bo wondered over to the cracked front door. Jake bolted to the door before I could get there and nudged them back as to say "Nope.. You're too little and you're not allowed outside!" they hissed at him to let him know they weren't pleased and walked away. He laid down in front of the door and kept pushing them back anytime they would try to get close to the door... He was being a goalie is what DH said

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh, I do love happy near endings, this is a good story, you should write it up entirely and put it in Paws and Reflect or the Behaviour forums, it would make for good reading for newbies!

Well done!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Thanks everyone.
I just didn't want everyone upset with me about it. I also think it's best that the kittens stay with me instead of fostering them with her and risking an allergy passed on.
Obviously Jake has gotten over the incident with Reilly and his fear of the kittens. I have caught them on more then one occasion tonight playing together. Jake will nudge them with his nose and they will play with his ears
And he did the coolest thing last night.
DH went outside to smoke and left the front door cracked. The babies were having thier "out" time in the living room when Duke and Bo wondered over to the cracked front door. Jake bolted to the door before I could get there and nudged them back as to say "Nope.. You're too little and you're not allowed outside!" they hissed at him to let him know they weren't pleased and walked away. He laid down in front of the door and kept pushing them back anytime they would try to get close to the door... He was being a goalie is what DH said
tHATS TO cUTE i LOVE WHEN DOGS DO STFF LIKE THAT.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, sometimes we can't have everything, but I think you came as close as you could on this one: Reilly's problem sorted out, everyone has good and loving homes, Jake is spared any more stress, kittens doing fine without Momma, and you even get to see Reilly. I'm so happy that this has worked out so well.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Never ever would I think that you were facing this decision lightly. It was such a serious issue and we knew you were doing everything you could to do what was right for Reilly. Rehoming her is what is best for her.

Good luck with the kittens and with Jake there, it looks like they will grow up just fine.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think this will be the best thing for her and hope no one thinks I'm chosing Jake over her.
Of course you are not choosing one furbaby over another. But as the FurMom, you need to make decisions that are best for each family member. Good on you for finding Reilly a good place.

I'm glad she is back to herself. There was a point when I could see no good outcome to this entire episode. So I must commend you (and your vet) for pushing for this outcome!

What good news about the kittens, and Jake taking care of them!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you are choosing Jake over Reilley, either. You don't need to justify your reasoning to us. You know them better than we do & you can make the right decision. Honestly, most people would probably have put Reilley down long ago. After all, she's a "vicious" cat!
You showed how much you loved her when you were so worried about her & went to great lengths to determine what was wrong.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Jake is a special dog and needs you. Reilly needed you and now is able to move on.Don't feel or think bad about yourself or your decision either
Hear hear!

I'm so glad her saga (well, this chapter of it) has come to such an end. Not a happy end, but certainly not a bitter end.

I'm really happy for both of you that you will be able to visit her.

Good luck in your new fur(kittyonly!)ever home, Reilly.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's really sweet. Good work Jake - Reilly may have to move on, but they still have a furry guardian to keep them in line.