Why?????

newkittymom06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. This is some of oscars behavior... This is how he is to me. Alex, my boyfried, said that when he is with oscar he is just chilled out, and sleeping. But whenever I come home he goes into attack mode. Here is some of the pictures of what he does. That is my leg and he is wrapped all the way around it. He does it to my arms too.

pictures.http://[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/newkittymom06/oscar021.jpg[/IMG]

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would strongly suggest that you look into having little Oscar neutered now. The behavior you have described in this and other posts you have made about him suggest that he is demonstrating signs of sexual maturity. If you don't want this aggressive behavior to continue and if you don't want him to start hosing down your house with male cat spray, then get him in now for his neutering procedure.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!
stewie is the same way
I work second shift. all day long he is attacking me and driving me insane.
while dan is home in the evening he is nice to dan, sits and watches tv, takes a nap with him...just fine. I come home from work at 11pm and he starts biting me, jumping on me, scratching up my legs and feet.
I just dont get it.

i dont even know what age i can have him neutered. he is about 4 months old now.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

i dont even know what age i can have him neutered. he is about 4 months old now.
You can probably have him neutered now, but it is always best to check with your vet first. Some vets won't perform the procedure until a cat is 6 months old. Some will take weight and size into consideration and do it earlier - check with yours to see if they will do it now.

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by newkittymom06

okay. thank you. its driving me crazy
Heh. Imagine how oscar is feeling!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

You can probably have him neutered now, but it is always best to check with your vet first. Some vets won't perform the procedure until a cat is 6 months old. Some will take weight and size into consideration and do it earlier - check with yours to see if they will do it now.
thanks!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it can be done now! Cats can be spayed at 2lbs which is about 8 weeks, but some vets will not do it until 6 months. I personally avoid those vets.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure where either of you are located, but there may be a resource for early spay/neuter in your area through one of the low- or no-cost spay/neuter clinics. I have found that "shelter" vets are more prone to both advocate and perform spay/neuter on younger cats than "private practice" vets. If we knew where you were, we might be able to provide a listing of such clinics in your area ...

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am located in Milwaukee, WI
the cheapest is about $70-$100
I paid more for mikey cause i checked the option that gave mikey a SQ IV so that he was getting some fluid since I had a feeling he wasnt going to eat or drink anything at the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittymom06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. We are going to make an appoitment very soon. I appreciate all the help that i get here.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
also, my cat/cats are fixed, all of them go into attack mode when i get home, Its called i am glad you home now lets play

heyu will run crazy, jump on me, off, jump on my shoulder once i sit down,and try to nibble my ears,

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat play is partly 'attack' since it helps train kittens to hunt.

Neutering your cat now is still a good idea. He will calm down.

I would also get some interactive toys (mice on a string, Da Bird) to have him attack something other than your foot. The toy should be puppet-like so you can play with him and not have the teeth, claws, etc. in your arm or leg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittymom06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We were in the hallway and he attacked me. So since we were in the bathroom and i said no, and turned off the light, and shut the door. And when he had been in timeout he attacked me.
Today alex was just sitting on the couch and oscar jumped up and attacked the crap out of him. And then ran away and hid to the bed room. Well i shut the bedroom door and turned out the light and left him in there for 5 minutes. He kept meowing. It was so hard to keep him in there. I let him out when 5 was up. And as soon as i let him out he attacked me.
Just now alex was laying on the couch and he just attacked him with nails and all. and took off.
Its like he doesn't learn.
He doesn't know listen to a fern "no", or a waterbottle.
He does need neutred but know what to do intil then.