Cosequin for cats

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my persian Sluggo has developed what I think is urinary tract infection for the third time. Some of you know the history and the problems I'd been having. Anyway, called the vet for another prescription because he's showing all the symptoms again. At first my vet prescribed Baytril, but after scrutinzing his past test results she thought we should give Cosequin a try. Cosequin is glucosomine, an herbal supplement. Because Sluggo's past tests have shown low white blood cell counts, she thought he might have a common problem that affects the lining of the bladder. This makes the kitty have problems similiar to a UTI, but explains the spotting of blood. So, if this is Sluggo's problem, I'm told this cosequin should work in a couple days. Keep your fingers crossed! I'd rather give my kitty an herbal supplement the rest of his life than keep feeding him antibiotics. I'll keep you posted on how this goes.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glucosmine does wonders
... I hope it does for you... Have you introduced a probiotic??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Glucosmine does wonders
... I hope it does for you... Have you introduced a probiotic??
Haven't ever used probiotics. Tell me more about them please.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probiotics are good bacteria ... SInce the antibiotics wipeout all bacteria the Probiotics assist in replenishing them and I use it about three times a week to keep my girls protected a bit

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Probiotics are good bacteria ... SInce the antibiotics wipeout all bacteria the Probiotics assist in replenishing them and I use it about three times a week to keep my girls protected a bit
Thank you for elaborating on that. I'll have to check into it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister senior cat has been on Cosequin since early this year-I'll have to ask her how he's doing with it.

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My sister senior cat has been on Cosequin since early this year-I'll have to ask her how he's doing with it.
That would be interesting to know how he's doing on it. Thanks for asking.