Color Help Please!

maplecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
How can I post a picture?
I am new here and need some color help with a kitten. She is a Scottish fold, her sire is a Cameo with white spotted tabby, dam is a solid blue British Shorthair. I think she is a blue-cream but wanted to double check with the experts. Thanks so much for your help!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would have to be a blue cream - since one parent is cream, the other is blue.

Is she tabby from her father? And does she have white on her?

If so she technically would be classified as a BlueCream Tabby w/White

Ok I checked the pics - doesn't seem she has any tabby markings so she would be a bluecream.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She could also be a bluecream smoke, right ? Since her dad is a cameo. I don't have experience with dilutes and silvers so I'm asking, I think she looks rather smoke in the pic but maybe that's just because her cream hasn't come in yet ? I went to find a pic of a bluecream smoke and she looks rather similar to me:
http://www.nemr.net/~poppy1/Roxy3.JPG

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes its possible since cameo is a "smoke" gene. If the base hair (next to the skin) is WHITE - not grayish, then she would be a bluecream smoke. I'd wait till she's got her adult coat in to decide. Kitten coats change a lot. She might look smoke one day and not the next. But smoke does have white hair.