Why...why...why?!!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was just outside on my drive putting my new tax disc in my car when a car pulls up and parks directly in front of my drive!

Noticing, I stand there and say 'excuse me'.....nothing, no reaction what-so-ever!

I say again and both met turn and walk away!

If only I could have run after them, I'd have given them more than a piece of my mind - are they stupid or what?!!!
Shame I didn't have my power tools at hand too!!

To make matters worse, practially the whole street (without drives) was empty!!

I certainly won't miss this when I move!!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

If only I could have run after them, I'd have given them more than a piece of my mind - are they stupid or what?!!!
Shame I didn't have my power tools at hand too!!
The nerve of them! I say unpack a power drill and ventilate their car doors.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are they blocking your car in Sarah? If so, go knock on their door and tell them you need to leave.. even if you really don't!

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had that happen to me this morning too! I was parked in by someone who thought (or didn't as the case may be) that my drive looked like a good place to park while she took her daughter into school! I left a rather rude message n her windscreen asking her to refrain from doing so in future as this is the 3rd time she has done this! Next time I'll ask her to phone my boss and explain why I am 30 minutes late for work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chantelle, it's so irritating, isn't it?

Originally Posted by squirtle

Are they blocking your car in Sarah? If so, go knock on their door and tell them you need to leave.. even if you really don't!
Yeah, they are completely blocking my car in
They don't even live on the street and I have no idea who they are or where they went!! Our street is notorious for being a commuter car park - but the Council will do very little to help us!

Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sarah i'm laughing here because it's always your drive that seems to attract these numpty's!

Stick a note on their windscreen!
Oh I know!
My drive is the one of three on the street (most people have secure rear parking) and everyone seems to gravitate towards mine!! Not only do the block me in, they actually obscure the corner of the road!

I am going to write them a letter and hope they don't do it again (will probably find the note on my drive!
)

Gail, I have no idea!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, if you need to leave shouldn't you be able to have it towed???
I have to go through the Police to get it removed! They will attempt to trace the owner and ask them to move, but it's a very long winded process!

As there are no road markings that 'legally state' that you can't park there, it is only classed as inconvenient!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I have to go through the Police to get it removed! They will attempt to trace the owner and ask them to move, but it's a very long winded process!

As there are no road markings that 'legally state' that you can't park there, it is only classed as inconvenient!
How frustrating!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops

I had that happen to me this morning too! I was parked in by someone who thought (or didn't as the case may be) that my drive looked like a good place to park while she took her daughter into school! I left a rather rude message n her windscreen asking her to refrain from doing so in future as this is the 3rd time she has done this! Next time I'll ask her to phone my boss and explain why I am 30 minutes late for work!
I'd have called a tow truck & had it removed!
That'll teach 'em!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How frustrating!!!
It is!

I just hope that things are a lot better when we move as it's not directly on the commuter route and hopefully people will be more considerate!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

How is that just "inconvenient"??? That should be illegal!

Since the police don't seem to care what happens in your driveway, couldn't you put up some signs of your own? "No parking, violators will be towed"? Of course, you're moving soon, so it may not be worth the trouble

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recall we also suggested "Do Not Block Drive - Violators will be Dismantled".

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

How is that just "inconvenient"??? That should be illegal!

Since the police don't seem to care what happens in your driveway, couldn't you put up some signs of your own? "No parking, violators will be towed"? Of course, you're moving soon, so it may not be worth the trouble
I know - my sentiments exactly! Apparently I can have the special lines painted, but you have to apply to the Council and wait for them to decide if it is deserved or not?

Sadly it's similar with the sign too - but for that I would also have to get permission from my LL as we're 'not permitted to display signs'
I was looking into it one of the many other times I've been blocked in/out.

Yeah, Jan! I think you came up with some wonderfully worded signs last time!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an idea-why don't you block your driveway with your own car??? At least you could get able to get out!!