Its Official...I really did blow it

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well everyone that told me to "ask him out" was wrong.

I totally freaked him out, and today I got the "I've still got your number, but I've just been really busy". Schpiel.

Anyway, I am okay, i just feel like maybe if I had done things differently, this wouldn't have got screwed up. I am a little bummed out for sure..It sucks to be so excited about someone that couldn't care less about you.

So, mark my words, I will NEVER ask a guy out again...I should have followed my gut on this one.

From now on...I will NOT be chasing anyonre...I will stay happily single until someone no less than sweeps me off my feet..we all deserve that

Thanks for letting me vent guys

P.S. Did I mention that I hate men?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he was giving you the "schpiel" it is his freakin' loss!

And don't worry hon, we all hate men at some point!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Honey dont give up on us guys. I read your whole post and Amber also told me about it pre me signing up on here. I dont think you did anything wrong. Shoot if some girl came up to me like that I would have been in heaven. Just because one dude got turned off by some girl asking him out doesnt mean that we all are. Dont give up.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up!!! I asked my DH out and we've been married for almost 10 years!!!!
I agree with John.
Just because one dude got turned off by some girl asking him out doesnt mean that we all are

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't get too discouraged Natalie, if he was freaked out that you asked him out then he isn't even man enough for you!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Don't get too discouraged Natalie, if he was freaked out that you asked him out then he isn't even man enough for you!
you don't want a guy that can't handle a strong woman.... my advice at this point? completely ignore him, guys definitely can't handle that

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well everyone that told me to "ask him out" was wrong.

I totally freaked him out, and today I got the "I've still got your number, but I've just been really busy". Schpiel.

Anyway, I am okay, i just feel like maybe if I had done things differently, this wouldn't have got screwed up. I am a little bummed out for sure..It sucks to be so excited about someone that couldn't care less about you.

So, mark my words, I will NEVER ask a guy out again...I should have followed my gut on this one.

From now on...I will NOT be chasing anyonre...I will stay happily single until someone no less than sweeps me off my feet..we all deserve that

Thanks for letting me vent guys

P.S. Did I mention that I hate men?
There is nothing wrong with asking a man out. Men ask women out all of the time and sometimes those women say yes, other times no.

There is nothing to be freaked out about. Rejection is part of the dating game. It's nothing personal against you as a person. Probably just that he wasn't as into you as you were into him. That's ok

I'm sure you have turned down dates with guys? I know I have. I've also been turned down when I've asked. But I've also accepted dates when asked and had men accept my invitations for dates too. So it all works out in the wash so to speak.

Don't give up

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Better to ask him out and get rejected then not do it and spend the rest of your life wondering about what might have been.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

you don't want a guy that can't handle a strong woman.... my advice at this point? completely ignore him, guys definitely can't handle that
honey you want a man who can respect a strong, independant woman if he can't then he is worth the effort it would take to spit on him. And trust me I have to keep reminding myself of this. Too bad I live so far away we would have a ice cream fest. I love cuddling up with ice cream and my kitty and watching a good sappy movie when I am in a down with men mood.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree! You are a gorgeous, beautiful woman, and any man who is to chicken appreciate you does not deserve you! Besides, you definitely don't want a dishonest guy who lies to your face about your #. Hang in there sweetie, the right one will find you eventually. That guy wasn't even worth the blue pants on his butt!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey now, just cause one guy, did not jump up and down and get all excited is no reason to give up. once you do it a few times it gets much more easy to ask them out.

How is a guy to know that you want to get to know him better unless you bug him about him it? and guess what sometimes we do get to busy to call.

dont let one time get you down, you did it once and can do it again when needed.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol i will have to agree, if a man gets freaked out , from that, then he is not mature enough to be in the datting world

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think that you are too hard on yourself. Think of the guys and how many times they have to screw up the courage to ask a girl out
. If they just gave up, then the human race would just die out. The more times you give it a try, the better your success rate will be.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry.
just don't give up and keep trying. you'll find someone, trust me.
keep your chin up, girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all

I just don't get why he flirted so much when he wasn't even interested. Men are a strange animal.

I'll be okay though..I haven't really cried or anything..It just sucks is all.

Thanks for the support...I agree he isn't man enough for me..after all he is a young guy..younger than me so perhaps he is too immature for a real woman

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I agree he isn't man enough for me..after all he is a young guy..younger than me so perhaps he is too immature for a real woman
Attagirl!!! You need a more experienced man who knows how to treat you like a lady!

I bet Trout's secretly pleased that she gets to keep her meowmy for a bit longer. Cats must hate it when their meowmys or purrpa's start dating....

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just remember: nothing ventured, nothing gained. Being an independent woman myself, I scare the beejeezus out of a lot of men but THEY aren't worth my time. If I haven't given up, at 48 YOU shouldn't.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks all

I just don't get why he flirted so much when he wasn't even interested. Men are a strange animal.

I'll be okay though..I haven't really cried or anything..It just sucks is all.

Thanks for the support...I agree he isn't man enough for me..after all he is a young guy..younger than me so perhaps he is too immature for a real woman
For some men, flirting is just a way to get an ego boost. A pretty girl showing interest....sometimes they give a bit of encouragement but aren't really serious about it. And it could be that he was caught off guard when you approached him and basically called him out on his flirting by asking him out, when he may have thought it was just some innocent, not serious, feel good fun.

Also, maybe he didn't know he was flirting. I've had times where my friendliness has been misunderstood as flirtation. I didn't even know I "flirted" until my ex told me I did

Either way, don't dwell on him or it, and move forward. Keep fishing, you will reel one in that is perfect for you