Ahhhhhhh!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an interview yesterday @ the company that I thought would be great to get into.

UGH!!

I went for the interivew... it was an entry level position at $10 an hour - thats a major blow in pay for me, and I wouldn't be able to live on that.

So they called me back today and told me I got the job - so I told her that the only problem was the pay - and she got really snotty about it and told me that it was an entry level position - and I told her that I understood, but I wouldn't be able to go that low in pay. Was I wrong? I mean, I seriously can't cut myself short here, not right now!

The hospital here in town is looking for an Admin. Assistant, so I'm applying for that today - it would be PERFECT! Thats really what I'm looking at getting into... someone please tell me I did the right thing....

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's fair of you to say you're not interested in the position if the pay can't meet your needs; it would be irresponsible of you to take the job and then quit because you need something higher-paying. $10/hour sounds extremely low to me, even for an entry-level position, and I think the woman's response to you -- getting snotty at you for questioning the pay -- suggests she wouldn't be nice to work for anyway.

Congratulations on acing the interview, however.
Hopefully you can take the positive aspect of that experience and use it in your future interviews. (It's always good to get that kind of practice in.) Good luck!

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What matters is that you are happy doing what you are doing. No amount of pay is worth doing something you dislike!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Mirinae said!

Take it as a positive - you are HIREABLE!!! And to get an offer this fast says something, even if it isn't the right offer. The right one WILL come along, as long as you are out there making opportunity for yourself!

Word of caution, however, not to scare you at all, but: In my state, if you are collecting unemployment and you turn down a legitmate job offer and the Department of Employment and Training finds out about it, your unemployment benefits can be revoked, as you refused a job that was offered to you. Just be careful who you mention it to is all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

What Mirinae said!

Take it as a positive - you are HIREABLE!!! And to get an offer this fast says something, even if it isn't the right offer. The right one WILL come along, as long as you are out there making opportunity for yourself!

Word of caution, however, not to scare you at all, but: In my state, if you are collecting unemployment and you turn down a legitmate job offer and the Department of Employment and Training finds out about it, your unemployment benefits can be revoked, as you refused a job that was offered to you. Just be careful who you mention it to is all.
Aww crap, thats right - I have 2 good paying jobs on the line - my ex boss is gonna try to set me up with something that I can actually live on... and this hospital job.... my life really really sucks right now

Maybe I should just delete this thread

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to get paid $10 an hour. I make $7.75 and I work so hard for it. Some jobs are just not fair. My boyfriend makes $9+commission and he just stands around all day. I run around all night working really hard and get $7.75.