When you are mad at your cats, do you ever...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...call them by your child(ren)'s name(s)?

I've found myself calling Ginger "Crystal" on more than one occasion, LOL!!! Fortunately I have no sons, so Ferris will always be Ferris, but I love my kitties like they are my children.

Every time I've caught myself calling Ginger by my daughter's name, I crack myself up, then I can't even be mad anymore, LOL!!!

Do you ever do things like that?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have kids, but i've scolded Fosters on more than one occassion and accidenly called him "Colin"
...and i've also scolded Colin before for being obnixious or doing something I didn't like and called him Fosters

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL! I havent gotten mad at Ceci yet but when DS does something wrong I have often caught myself yelling "Ceci!" or "laika!" (dog) Its hilarious because DS will stop what hes doing and crawl under the bed to see if he can find Ceci

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have that problem but I frequently call them by the other's name!! And my sister is constanly calling her baby Skye by her cats name, Pandora!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have kids (or a significant other) but when they're in trouble I always call them by their full name, I am the queen of nicknames so when the full name come out- watch it!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have kids either, but the confusion still comes up. Because Oz is so very rarely bad, and Spike is so very rarely good (Spike and 8-Bit in a room together would be a bad thing!), whenever Ozzie does misbehave I always shout out "Sp-OZ!!!" as I start to say one cat's name and end with the other's. God help me if I have children or more cats ... Can you imagine the litany of names I'll have to go through before I get the right name?
"Sp-Oz-Jay-Han-Izz-HEY YOU!!!"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea what you are talking about my cats dont ever do anything wrong!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what is the matter with me. When I get mad at the cats, no matter who it is, it's always......PPPPEEEETTTTTEEEE!!!!!! Even if it isn't.

Poor Pete.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I don't have kids (or a significant other) but when they're in trouble I always call them by their full name, I am the queen of nicknames so when the full name come out- watch it!!
And because they're pedigree, their names are very, very loooonnnggg!!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only have finned and fur kids .. but I have called all of them by the wrong name

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine neither...

ok, I use their full names :"Lucky Boots Di(bigitalianlastnamehere)!!!!"
or "Louie Delmonte!!!!" that's not my last name, but the friend who passes away that we named Louie after....
poor Louie, he's like the illigitimate child with a different last name.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

poor Louie, he's like the illigitimate child with a different last name.
That's so funny!

Mine get "First name [my last name]-[boyfriend's last name]"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have kids, but sometimes I mix up my kitties names. Abby doesn't notice too much, but Chynna sure does. If I accidentally call her "Abby" she sulks and ignores me the rest of the day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I don't have kids, but sometimes I mix up my kitties names. Abby doesn't notice too much, but Chynna sure does. If I accidentally call her "Abby" she sulks and ignores me the rest of the day
LOL, I'm sorry, but that's kind of funny!
How DARE you call her by another's name!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shoot I do that even when I'm not mad at them! What's really bad is when you get mad at your son and you call him by the cats name!!

I was fussing at my youngest and I accidentally called him Simon and Max.
My son just said MOM I"M NOT A CAT! I have so many and I have a long list to go down!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kids here but I do mix up the cats' names even when I'm not mad at them. With seven kitties it sometimes takes two or three attempts to get the correct name.
I've always thought it's because I'm old and confused.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have kids, so I just call Tiger...Tiger Woods when he's in trouble and Miagi..Miagi Son when he's in trouble.

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont mix up names.
But on many occasions Amber has said Bagheera stop it at me. LOL She's also called me Buddy a couple times. And once JayBuGheerJoohhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn!