I have learned....What have you learned?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I have learned that instead of looking in the mirror while brushing my teeth I should really look into the sink before spitting, cause you never know when a certain tabby tooth brushing observer will decide to step into the middle of the sink with the water running.

Yesterday morning I learned that while drawstring pajama pants are comfy for bed, they are not comfy for sleepily walking to the bathroom when a certain tabby ankle biter (with 2 soft claws OFF) will lunge at my crotch at 90mph to in attack mode. And then proceed to hang on my thigh like a telephone pole repair-man before having to be physically removed. Due to the this experience, I have learned to tuck the bow and strings inside my pants as soon as I put them on.

So, what have you learned???

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned that my long, comfy sweater should be tied immediately, otherwise two paws will dart out from between the slats on the kitchen chair and attack it.

I have learned that the only reason my obstinate tabby claws on items that he knows not to claw on is to get attention...but that's it...he doesn't want to be petted or held...just to know that I'm watching.

I have also learned that the master bathroom door must be shut at night, or the same obstinate tabby will try to get into the cabinets, if only just to hear the cabinet doors thump repeatedly rousing the humans from sleep.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that when you have people over for dinner, as we did last night, to put TTP&B in the bedroom while you eat!! YEP!!! Tiggy ended up on my sisters plate!!!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have learned that when Wontons pupils get big and he starts sniffing me really intently, he's thinking about striking - so I swiftly pick him up and put him in another room for a little bit til he calms down. It seems to be working, along with the Prozac, and it is nice to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I have learned that no matter what food is in his dish, if I pick up a can of ANYTHING he'll follow me around hopefully thinking I'm going to feed him. Again.

And I have learned that you can't get anywhere ifyou don't believe in yourself..but if you really believe that you can do anything-then you really can.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that having one dark-coloured cat and one light-coloured cat means that I own nothing that cannot be covered in contrasting cat hair, and that regardless of where I keep my clothing or whether or not the cats ever seem to come into contact with it, my clothes will always be covered in cat hair.

I have learned that Spike does not understand the term "obligate carnivore." He would much rather have the lettuce on my plate than the chicken.

I have learned that a fat dark brown tabby with a pair of frilly pink panties on his head can still manage to look somewhat dignified. Or so Oz maintains.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned: a bag of flour can be a cat toy, anything can be burried in a litter box, my bras make great gifts to guests, bringing home a brother doesn't mean that they get along(at first), dive bombing my chest in the middle of the night is a WONDERFUL way to get my attention, and that turing off the computer is a talent most kitties don't know.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have learned that Meowmy had better feed the screaming gray tabby first or she will climb my leg to encourage me to hurry

I have also learned the painful lesson of pajama strings

I have also learned to take my shoes off as soon as I walk in the door because it is impossible to keep track of 12 cats winding themselves about my ankles and when i inevitably kick or step on one of them, bare feet don't hurt quite as bad

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that a certain fuzzy grey girl like water drips frm my hair right after a shower, that humans must be accompanied to the bathroom to do anything or the toilet might get them, I have learned that the broom is NOT for cleaning it is a great cat toy though.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I have learned that when you have people over for dinner, as we did last night, to put TTP&B in the bedroom while you eat!! YEP!!! Tiggy ended up on my sisters plate!!!
Oh boy that's alway's nice isn't it
I don't really have a problem with to many of mine they usually take off when to many people come
Someone ask me do the cats get on your counter
I said well Yeah but not by my choice
They get where ever they wanna

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I have learned that having one dark-coloured cat and one light-coloured cat means that I own nothing that cannot be covered in contrasting cat hair, and that regardless of where I keep my clothing or whether or not the cats ever seem to come into contact with it, my clothes will always be covered in cat hair.
Amen to that sister!!!!
Velvet is black and Isabella is white- and my other furbabies are all different colors! I never know from one minute to the next what color my cloths, fabric, or furniture will be

I have also learned that my latest batch of foster kittens prefer doggie food to kitten food and will try to climb into the doggie food dish at any chance they get.
(I cought Blazer!!)

I have also learned to wisper when the kittens are tucked into their cage for the night, otherwise, they will hear me and meow incessantly until I let them out again

I have learned that everything Jasmine can fit into her mouth, she considers to be food...whether it is really edible or not!

I have learned never to leave cheese, doritos, or cheetos unattended around Abilene and Isabella- they WILL steal all things cheese and run off and hide to eat it.
I have also learned that unattended chip bags will soon have a kitty named Abilene inside of them with her butt hanging out of the other end while she tries to eat what's in the bag.

I have learned that my cats are infinately superior to me and will remind me of that every chance they get. They also love to remind the dogs that they are superior to them as well

I have learned that i must never try to pet, rub, or touch Abilene's little fluffy tummy, even though it's adorable, unless I want a set of fangs and claws attached to my body instantly.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned to provide my cats with treats before I leave for the office in the morning. If I don't, I just may come home to find everything in my apartment has been messed with and/or destroyed.

(Oh, and Ginger has learned that if she jumps in the sink while I'm brushing my teeth, she gets toothpaste spit on her head.)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that I should never make my bed alone or change the sheets alone, Severino will not have it!!!

I have learned I always need company in the bathroom, after all I could slip and fall....on a CAT

I have learned to NEVER walk downstairs in the dark because there will be a cat on the step and I will slip on his(SEV) tail and nearly kill myself!!

I have learned that Severino DOES not like to eat alone.

I have learned not to be scared when I roll over and see very large Copper eyes glaring at me like Children of the Corn(movie)!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have learned to walk to the kitchen slowly, & to stop & look before actually entering it, in order to avoid stepping on the tabby that insists on running in there before me & flinging herself to the ground right in my path...
i have learned to take my cigarettes with me when i leave the room, because a certain calico will tear open the box to get to that lovely menthol smell...
i have learned to check the bathroom for occupants [especially calico ones] before shutting the door when i leave. otherwise, i may come back to find all the towels on the floor, as the calico cat thinks she's a tightrope walker & likes to practice on the towel bar...
the other two haven't taught me anything, i guess!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned:

To warn my friends who wear their hair in dreadlocks that if they come round for dinner, they WILL end up with a kitten swinging from their heads (they are coming round later and I know from past experience that this is a certainty!)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I have learned:

To warn my friends who wear their hair in dreadlocks that if they come round for dinner, they WILL end up with a kitten swinging from their heads (they are coming round later and I know from past experience that this is a certainty!)

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learnt the most important lesson: Never, never, never, never leave toilet paper or kitchen towels lying around unless you want to come back to a sea of white!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned that to a kitten, nothing is greater fun, than running and taking a flying leap onto the top of a pile of freshly folded clothes, then riding them down all over the floor like a surfer...cool dude!

I have learned that my LuckyGirl is sooo talented, she can decide to shed white on your black clothes & black on your white clothes, but she can never decide to shed white on white or black on black.

I have learned that Louie at 4 mos will excitedly show off his manhood to any new visitor that pets him when entering our home, it's a "pet at your own risk" zone now....and my husband will smile & say "that's my boy!"
(how many more days till Saturday????)

I have learned that woks are not for cooking chinese food, they are for napping tuxedo's who need a break from menacing little brothers.

I have learned that baby locks do not keep the smarty tuxie out of the kitchen cabinets and finding solace in my wok.

I have learned that while they still firmly maintain their innocence, it is completely impossible for the plug to come out of the socket all by itself while no one but kitties are home all day.... this happens to be the plug for the power strip to the turtle tank...with the filter, the heater, the basking lamp all plugged into it.

(I also have a tightrope walker, and beautiful towels on the floor everyday....hmmm, how does that happen?)