Sassy's very first leashed adventure

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was the day
This morning, Sassy and I took a walk with her new harness and leash, and she had a blast!!

"Hey whats that?? Did you hear something??"

"Hey look!! I see something moving....."

"It's a CRICKET!!!......I'VE GOT IT, I'VE GOT IT!!!....Hey, where'd it go????"

She never did catch the cricket, it kept burrowing under the grass. She had lots of fun pawing around looking for it though

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now that looks like fun!!!!!

i got one for heyu but she just wont go out the door, she just sits down when we get there.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! That's so sweet!

I don't know what my cats would do if I suddenly took them outside! LOL

About 10 or 11 years ago was the last time Chynna was outside. I would take her out occasionally at another place I lived which was on a quiet street and she didn't mind it so much, but she rarely left my side.

Then I moved to a location that has a park across the street, but it has a busy street on 2 sides of it and when I tried to take her there on a harness inside her carrier, all she did was lay in her carrier and watch peoples' feet as they went by. She wouldn't come out even though we were there about 90 minutes.

It was funny because people would see the open carrier and me sitting on the bench reading a book, and some would stop and stoop down to see what was inside, if anything, LOL

Abby has never been out except to go to the vet. She loves the open screen window though, as does Chynna.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is so adorable!!! I wish my cats could do that, too .......

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, mine get that low walk to the ground when I put the harness on....like they are army crawling.
And they both FREAK out if they have to go outside. They are fine with the screened window, but open the door & she takes off, he will peek out, but don't pick him up & he'll think your going places and claw you to death.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

awww, mine get that low walk to the ground when I put the harness on....like they are army crawling.
And they both FREAK out if they have to go outside. They are fine with the screened window, but open the door & she takes off, he will peek out, but don't pick him up & he'll think your going places and claw you to death.
Yeah, the indoor kitties I think want to keep it that way!