i need help about the cat and her kittens!

danersarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey i need help. This gorgeous cat has had kittens in the shed next door. It isnt the neighbours cats or mother cat. The mother cat keeps coming back to my house and eating the food from my 2 cats. I really want the kittens to be safe with the mother. I rang the animal welfare league and they said to catch the kittens. Its hard when they are next door, the neighbours rarely know english and they don't like the kittens. The kittens are scared and run away when they see us humans. I really need to get the kittens in a box, how do i do this without them running away? there is about 5 or 6 of them.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by danersarah

hey i need help. This gorgeous cat has had kittens in the shed next door. It isnt the neighbours cats or mother cat. The mother cat keeps coming back to my house and eating the food from my 2 cats. I really want the kittens to be safe with the mother. I rang the animal welfare league and they said to catch the kittens. Its hard when they are next door, the neighbours rarely know english and they don't like the kittens. The kittens are scared and run away when they see us humans. I really need to get the kittens in a box, how do i do this without them running away? there is about 5 or 6 of them.
Welcome to TCS....it sounds as if you are dealing with a stray or feral mom cat and her kittens. The BEST way to catch this family is by borrow a couple of humane traps and trapping these cats so that the mom can be spayed and either returned back outdoors or placed into a home and the kittens can be socialized. Since the mom is coming to your home...you can set up the trap for mom in your yard. The kittens may need to be trapped in your neighbors yard.

Below is a link to groups that work with strays and feral cats...hopefully there is at least one that is in your state:

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html

To learn more about trapping, you can go here:

http://www.alleycat.org/resources_care.html#3

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danersarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well the mother isnt feral.. She is really friendly!.. and has a black collar.. But no one seems to say its theres.. argh theres no traps around here that i cud borrow... argh..
i need them to be safe.. and not in my neighbours yard.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

well the mother isnt feral.. She is really friendly!.. and has a black collar.. But no one seems to say its theres.. argh theres no traps around here that i cud borrow... argh..
i need them to be safe.. and not in my neighbours yard.
The fact that she is really friendly may work for you....see if you can put some food in a carrier and close the carrier door. She absolutely needs to be spayed before she becomes pregnant again.

As for borrowing traps...have you called all the local shelters and vet clinics about borrowing one??

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danersarah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what do u mean by her needing to be sprayed before coming pregnant again?? I don't get it

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

what do u mean by her needing to be sprayed before coming pregnant again?? I don't get it
Cats are induced ovulators...they do not need to be in heat to become pregnant and can become pregnant again within a few days after giving birth.

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She needs to be SPAYED/ Made so she cannot continuously live a life being pregnant and having litters over and over again. There are so many already unwanted in the world, no need for her to produce more and more of them. Plus it is a big risk for her to get sick or even killed.