Winter Coats (furry ones)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grizzly gets one and she changes color a bit too. I normally notice this on the long haired cats vs the short haired one. Plus they are all eating more!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! All of mine are getting thiers. I vacummed and swept this afternoon and I could have made 3 more kittens a couple Tiger... and half a Jake with all the hair I swept up!

Come to think of it, I'm almost scared to inhale or take too deep of a breath, I might choke on a wad of floating hair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Mine are eating more too! It's so weird how they know to get ready for winter. Lucy is short-haired and she is the one with the thickest coat right now
Annabelle has medium hair and she doesn't get nearly as thick.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my boys coats aren't shedding bad, they don't have much fur to them. however, my dogs are shedding really bad..I have been brushing them like crazy. Jenny (she's in my avatar) she has a more thicker coat than the other 3.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't talk about this. Mr. Scratch has EXPLODED in the past few days. It's like he spawned some sort of alien cat that is going to attack me in the middle of the night. All I know is when he starts to shed to go into his Spring and Summer coat, I'm in trouble.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! They are ALL getting their winter coats in
But the kitties coats don't shed nearly as bad as my Wolf mix's coat! Her fur goes everywhere lol.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear my Lucky has doubled in size overnight. She looks HUGE!! I don't know where all that hair came from...or how she managed to grow it all overnight. Both of them are eating like crazy too!!!

Lucky is on her way to the groomer this weekend to see if we can get her used to it, so that come spring and shedding season i don't drown in a sea of fur!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pushy has gotten all fluffy and extra nice to cuddle.
Wiggs has been told by the vet not to put on any more weight, but he still insists on eating all the time!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Ivory doesn't have an outter coat of guard hair, she's all undercoat fluff.
I haven't noticed it getting thicker.
Spaz on the other hand, in true NFC fashion, has put her fur stole on, and donned her thick pantaloons

Everyone else has just stayed the same.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say I've noticed any difference in their coats between winter and summer. I've always attributed that to the fact that the temperature is pretty constant in my flat and they don't go outside.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats are saying..."what's winter???" It's still in the 100s out here! 28 to 32 degrees C!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LuckyGirl has been getting hers for a few weeks, it's very thick, shedding less, and so silky & shiny.

Louie just started yesterday I think. I could finally tell that it was getting thicker.... but Luck's fur is way longer/thicker than his anyway....I think maybe somewhere in her family are some medium haired kitties.

What does everyone do for cold little paw pads on hard wood floors? I swear that's the only time LuckyGirl will jump on my lap, I'm on the potty & she's saying "look Ma! ya feel my feet?! It's frickin' cold in here!!!" (they're like little fur tipped ice cubes....)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Elsa and Nadette are sporting VERY thick coats. And Elsa has really gained weight since she because less afraid of the puppy. She got real skinny there for a bit. They both look like stuffed animals - very plush, LOL!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are all huge - I swear Magnum is twice the size he was a few weeks ago and they have all gained a bit of weight - even though they haven't been getting any extra food to eat