My persian needs help

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A while back I wrote about my persian "Sluggo" having a UTI. It was treated twice within a month. Finally my vet put Sluggo on Science Diet CD. Yuk if you ask me. Anyway, we did it as a test run for 1 month to see if the crystals would go away. The whole month it gave Sluggo the runs. When we tested after a month, we had the SAME results! Nothing had changed. My vet is perplexed. Anyway, so I switch him to a better food, Chicken Soup for Cats, but it gives Sluggo the runs too. So then I switched him back to the only diet that's ever worked for him - Nature's Prairie kibble and raw meat medallions. Well, Sluggo's system is still not working properly, but what concerns me is I found a small puddle the consistency of corn syrup in my bathroom. When I wiped it up with tissue it looked like urine with a bloodspot. I have another kitty, but my other kitty doesn't have any problems. So now I'm really getting worried about Sluggo. I really want my kitties on a quality diet, but Sluggo's system is soooo sensitive. My vet keeps talking about giving him medicine for the diahrea, but it HAS to be something with his diet. Any advice, opinion, suggestions out there? I'm not sure what to do next. Thanks.
Samantha & Sluggo & Pandora

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat had crystals, and the associated inaapropriate peeing, frequent but not full voiding. I found an acidifier called carpon developed by a vet, all natural, no side effects. It works great, no problems since. If you search carpon on the web, you will find it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No he hasn't, that I know of. I'll talk to his vet about this.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw on another thread you got the venison and pea food... good idea but intro very slow no matter what kitty says

I would stick with one protein one grain or startch for that baby

Oh and vet check asap

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I saw on another thread you got the venison and pea food... good idea but intro very slow no matter what kitty says

I would stick with one protein one grain or startch for that baby

Oh and vet check asap
Thanks Sharky. I am switching Sluggo over slowly on the new Venison and Pea food. I think and I'm hoping that with some time it will clear up his diahrea symptoms. Sluggo does have a UTI. I've got a call into my vet and am waiting to hear back from her. Poor kitty. Hopefully some antibiotics will clear this up and the food will do its thing. I've got my fingers crossed. Seems to me there's alot of kitties on this list with UTI's!

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I think you need to get a second opinion from another vet.
I'm starting to think so too. I do have another vet that I've used for my pug dog. She's a holistic vet, so she certainly would be more appropriate for how I believe animals should be taken care of. I really only use the vet I'm using now because she's a good friend. Unfortunately she's not motivated to learn more about nutrition or holistic animal care.