Kitten isn't chewing biscuits. Rather concerned

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

One of my kittens doesn't chew when he eats biscuits. I am a bit concerned because someone I know said her cat never chewed his biscuits and eventually his teeth feel out because of this.

Is there anyway I can get him to chew his biscuits?

Thanks
LuLu x

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats by nature arent chewers... they are rip tear and swallow.. SOme dry foods are now made bigger to hope that kitty bites thru at least once, though this may help with vomitting it doesnt help with dental care

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by *LuLu*

Hi,

One of my kittens doesn't chew when he eats biscuits. I am a bit concerned because someone I know said her cat never chewed his biscuits and eventually his teeth feel out because of this.

Is there anyway I can get him to chew his biscuits?

Thanks
LuLu x
I'm having a little giggle here - sorry. Believe me, her kitty's teeth did not fall out because he didn't chew his biscuits. In actual fact, a wet food diet is much healthier for your kitty and dry food does little to nothing to help clean their teeth. Even with large pieces of kibble, the cat will break the kibble with the tip of the tooth and swallow. Cats cannot chew (their jaws don't go side to side like ours) so they usually just break and swallow.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep
all my kitty crew do the same, sometimes just a crack to bite it in two pieces but sometime the whole lots goes down - mind you Dino is a bit of a greedy guzzler

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well thats a relief. I just though that cats were suppose to chew their biscuits. All my other cats have but he doesn't.

Panic over

Thanks guys

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *LuLu*

Well thats a relief. I just though that cats were suppose to chew their biscuits. All my other cats have but he doesn't.

Panic over

Thanks guys
Ok, I have to ask. What is a biscuit? All I can think of is dog biscuits. I can't picture a kitty chewing on one of those
!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lndscpsam

Ok, I have to ask. What is a biscuit? All I can think of is dog biscuits. I can't picture a kitty chewing on one of those
!
I believe she means kibble, i.e., dry food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I mean dry food.

Like Whiskas dry food, James well beloved.
Stuff like that. lol

Sorry for the confusion