How much do you have?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much family do you have within 50 miles of you?

I have my 4 of my 5 siblings about 60 miles from me, but Mom is moving to TN right after Christmas..............

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just 50 miles? Then just one aunt and uncle. My father lives 65 miles (or so) north of us, my sister about 40 miles north of him but works in the same city Dad lives in. It's only about 1-1/2 hours drive, so we see them fairly often.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my mom and dad and sister and niece. The rest of them live in Indiana. But we don't really talk to them a lot. So I have my dads mom and my aunt and cousin that we talk to. Its really sad to think about having a big family like we do but not having contact with them.

Susie its going to be tough to have your mom living in TN but its a beautiful state! You will love visiting there!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
let's see. my aunt and my little cousin,
of course my mom and dad (we live in the same house), my uncle, my aunt, and my little cousin and my grandpa (who I really claim no relation to).

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 Daughters & they hubby's and 5 Grandkids are within 15 miles, My sis-in-laws from my first marriage the same and My brothers 1 and sisters 2 within 40 imles, and we never see each other
Everyones life is so very busy, it's tough but it's cheap to talk on the phone or online...So it's ok

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

How much family do you have within 50 miles of you?

I have my 4 of my 5 siblings about 60 miles from me, but Mom is moving to TN right after Christmas..............
Susie we here on TCS talk more then My family
The brats
J/K

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Within 50 miles (80.45 km)? Ummm ... none. I went away to attend university and I stayed "away."

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, alot actually....if you count hubby's family. (excluding his mom, dad, & granmom...ewww.) But if you count just mine, then my dad & step-mom, and my sister & my neice.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one near us is my husbands son and he lives 80 miles away, but is in our town everyday. The rest of my family is 600 and 800 miles away! And my husband's daughter broke our hearts and moved to Utah this summer and that's 2 days away!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most of my family does, but the only family we really associate with is my Mom's and i have an aunt, an uncle and a cousin and then my mom & dad, my sister, and my Grandpa (mom's dad) I have 3 aunts, 2 uncles and a whole slew of cousins on my Dad's side but I could pass them on the street and not know who they were
I do see my Grandma (Dad's mom) every once in awhile. My half-brother lives in Texas, but I haven't really seen or spoken to him in, oh 11 years

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On "my side of the family I have one cousin who lives just a couple of miles away. My parents are about 85 miles and my sis is in a different state.
Most of Neil's family lives within 50 miles except one brother and a few nieces and nephews.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most of my family, which isn't very large at all, are still in my state but the important ones, mom and dad, bailed from our miserable weather. Dad split 28 years ago to Tennesee and now he's in Southern California. My mom bailed 4 years ago to SW Florida and now she's in Georgia. She'd had enough of the hurricanes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Almost everyone is within 50 miles. I do have some cousins in Wisconsin, and one in California.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
0 my dads side of the family lives in sicily (italy) and my mums side of the family lives in scotland, and from thursday onwards my parents will be living in italy so i will be all alone in germany :p

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the son next door, and I really don't have much family on my side that I speak with anymore. Dad was somewhere in GA, no idea where... DH's family is all within 75 miles, cept for the nephew in the Marines is somewhere in the Midwest, I forget where...
We do have a crowd when DH's family gets together, lots of in-laws and cousins.

romeoslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No one within 50 miles of me. But my Mom and Dad are just a little more far from that..about a hour's drive.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None.
My parents are usually in Arizona in the winter.
One brother and his family are in Seattle, another brother and his family are in St Paul.
Both surviving sisters and my other two brothers are in Nebraska, and my eldest niece and her kids are in Oklahoma.
Cousins are in South Dakota and California.