I am so stressed right now

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please send vibes!!!

We decided to move [officially] into a slightly larger rental home. Back when B first started talking about this, I flat out told him with me going back to school full time, I don't know how much time I will have to look at houses, or in general participate in the move.

So guess who's doing the searching, contacting, etc? Yep Me. Plus we have 30 days to move, so with Thanksgiving being the last weekend, we're trying to find a place before the end of this week (so we can hire movers, etc).

He is busy too, but he at least is home by 6:30 every evening...I'm home by 7 or later...so how am I suppose to study, work full time go to school full time and find us a roof and four walls. ?????

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moving is always stressful! Hopefully the home you want is one of the first few you see!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, if it weren't for the women on this planet, do you think that men would have accomplished anything beyond scratching themselves?

He's lucky he has you - hang in there!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Honestly, if it weren't for the women on this planet, do you think that men would have accomplished anything beyond scratching themselves?
That was too funny!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck trying to work everything out sweetie- hang in there! You will find a place soon

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck finding the right place! Don't worry about it...i fyou are overly worried, then you won't do as well in your studies & at work!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whats this??? The men think of the idea and the women have to implement it??
Hopefully he will see how stressed you are and help out!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Whats this??? The men think of the idea and the women have to implement it??
Hopefully he will see how stressed you are and help out!!
OK, so now the latest is that our current landlord approached us, and I think she's trying to avoid coming back to MI in the cold (she lives in Miami...probably sold her winter coat
). Basically a 6 month lease, with lower rent (btw, the rent isn't the issue, more the size). so I passed this info onto B, and he asked if we could do 3 months instead; his car just broke down and his portion of the move would have to go to that.

Anyhoo, so I was so relieved that one less stresser was on me. I didn't say anything right away, so he was like "what?"
I said, "I'm just letting it sink in that I don't have to look for houses for us right now".
He gets all offensive on that comment and said that I need to stop making jabs at him. Ummm...I don't even want to move in the first place!!! I want to wait until I've finished my masters degree!!! HELLO!!!! Besides, how can that be a "jab" when I'm the one finding houses within a certain price range, in certain areas, and calling landlords, making appointments around MY busy schedule, skipping STUDY TIME to do all of this...especially since I just had midterms last week.

I think whoever said it was right, if it weren't for women, men would just have ideas but never follow through...just scratch themselves.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It will all work out in the end. If you do not feel in the position to move right now, let him know. You have a lifetime ahead of you to do those things and your schooling means so much to you that he needs to understand that you need to focus on that right now.
Take some time out to have some ME time in your life too! (I know, easier said than done....)