What do you think about this?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys clean before people come over?
My mom, who lives an hour away, is coming over for dinner tonight.......I cleaned like I normally do anyways, but Jerry says I have to have everything perfect whenever she comes over.........I do not, but I like my house to look nice, no matter if it's just me and Jerry or for company.............
That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to. Well unless its our regulars that know the house is normally messy. But when we have more than them YES! I clean like crazy! And turn the air freshener up a tad so they don't smell kitty smells even though mom say she can't smell them.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I try to. Well unless its our regulars that know the house is normally messy. But when we have more than them YES! I clean like crazy! And turn the air freshener up a tad so they don't smell kitty smells even though mom say she can't smell them.
Unless of course it's my cat club people then I don't even turn up the air freshner! Ah the joys of being an Aby breeder!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heck yeah, I don't get many visitors, but if someone is coming over I at least will vacuum, sweep and wash the kitchen floor, clean the toilet and sink and hose the place down in febreeze

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if Jerry thinks it needs to be perfect, I'm sure he knows where the broom closet and cleaning supplies are.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always clean before people come over - but then again now that I'm home all the time, I clean everyday - that way when people do come over, its not a big rush to clean....everything is usually done daily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Well, if Jerry thinks it needs to be perfect, I'm sure he knows where the broom closet and cleaning supplies are.
No no
, he laughs at me when I'm cleaning, saying I have to have everything perfect. Jerry's idea of cleaning is making sure his dirty dishes get put in the sink.........

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
of course I clean before we have company. this house is messy sometimes with 6 pets in it.
we have to clean daily, because of all the pet hair.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always run around cleaning like crazy when my parents are going to come over. I don't want them to think that I can't take care of myself.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do 2 cleaning jobs as well as my regular job which is interior design so I am a bit of stickler for "keeping a clean house" but with Tony and Pippy around, there is little or no chance of keeping it as tidy as I want it!

I do a weekly clean which is pretty much a springclean and includes the windows (outside and inside) so our house is as clean as a whistle for all of 1 day and then Tony's son arrives and it's out with the toy cars, colouring pens, glitter sticks... you name it!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean??? People coming over??? Bite your tounge!!!

Seriously, I'm a hermit, as is my roomie. We are currently FORCED to keep the place clean because the landlord has put the house up for sale and I never know when some stranger is going to want to walk through my bedroom (Oh, I hate, I hate, I HATE having strangers in my house!!!!
)

Otherwise, people don't come to my place, we go to THEIRS if they want to see us. My parents still haven't been to my place, and I've been there two years now, and I like it that way!

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I always run around cleaning like crazy when my parents are going to come over. I don't want them to think that I can't take care of myself.

I Totally agree... I do the same when my mom is coming round!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean before anyone steps foot in our apartment. It's so small and we have light carpet that an hour after I clean I see Scratch's fur all over the place. I've told all my friends they have to give me a warning call first, so I can make sure it looks and smells nice for them.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, so if I'm having a party, I'll clean like crazy. only to have to clean again when they leave
. But if my mom is coming, I make sure to do the white glove test.... that's what she used to give me when my chore was dusting...so I make sure if she happens to run a finger across anything it's spotless!!! (and if it's just the usual gang, I just apologize for the mess, and tell them to get over it!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always clean when i'm expecting company. But my house stays tidy reguardless of if i'm having company or not. I'm a neat freak
, what can I say- my mom cleans houses for a living- it rubbed off on me