And then there were 14

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who offered their support throughout the whole Ismene ordeal, even after 6 years of working with leukemia cats, every loss still feels like my heart's been ripped out....Well, it seems like there is always a positive kitty out there who needs a home and I have taken on 2 new babies
Both are absolutely gorgeous calicos with the brightest oranges I have ever seen, one is a medium hair beauty, 6 months old with the loveliest yellow-green eyes
she had really fit right in, I have heard maybe one or 2 hisses, but I think Zeus has a crush on her
her follows her around with his eyes all big
Super friendly too, likes to talk (not as much as Jinx though, thank goodness
). Her name is Gaia (pronounced g-a) The second is an absolutely adorable little kitten, 3 months old, also a calico, short hair though. SO cute! she came with the name Taffy, but I'm not really digging it, so after some consideration I have decided on Athena! Intros with her have not gone quite as well, right out of the carrier she wanted to be friends and rubbed up against Pandora and Antigone and got a hiss and a bop in return
Zeus is very interested, as is Orion, but now she's a little leary
I give it a week and she'll be wrassling with the big boys (and girls!) I felt so bad though because she OBVIOUSLY did not like being in the carrier for the ride home, but she actually skinned her little nose try to chew on the carrier!
poor little thing. Gaia is fully vetted, but I've got to call the low-cost clinic and see when they can fit me in for Athena's stuff. I am totally disconnecting my phone and disabling my e-mail! I can't say no to a baby in need! Ack! I never thought I'd have 14 cats at one time, but I'm never at want for a lap-warmer
sometimes my lap gets too warm!

ETA: I am going to borrow my parents digital ASAP so I can photos of everyone! I swear I do have these cats
Oscarsmommy (Courtney) came over this past weekend and got to meet everyone!
okay, almost everyone

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Piccies please!!!!

Maybe little Ismene knew it was her time coming, and she sent these two little ones to you because they needed you more than she was going to.

I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason - bless you for being such a special meowmy for taking on these very special furchildren!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They sound like gorgeous kitties! I'm very sorry about Ismene, but it's great you're able to save 2 more and give them a wonderful life for as long as you can.

And I imagine your house must be the winner for the house that sounds most like it has a horde of elephants living in it....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

They sound like gorgeous kitties! I'm very sorry about Ismene, but it's great you're able to save 2 more and give them a wonderful life for as long as you can.

And I imagine your house must be the winner for the house that sounds most like it has a horde of elephants living in it....
Thanks Sarah

Actually it sounds more like they're being tortured
they wrestle a lot and you should hear the noises that come out them!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two new babies get to know a wonderful home! I hope Athena settles in soon and starts beating up her big brothers. Poor little baby, skinning her nose like that.

Gosh, you must save a ton on heating in winter with all those furry monsters generating heat. See, they do pay us back!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww....how lucky those babies are! If I ever have an empty house, Katie, I will definately start rescuing FeLV+ cats....loosing them is hard, but they at least deserve some chance at life!

We do believe you when you say you have 14 cats...not many people would want to tell others they have that many!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Awww....how lucky those babies are! If I ever have an empty house, Katie, I will definately start rescuing FeLV+ cats....loosing them is hard, but they at least deserve some chance at life!

We do believe you when you say you have 14 cats...not many people would want to tell others they have that many!
I keep hoping that there will be some cure or something!

Ha-ha Natalie
Yes, I'm definitely certifiable now

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's soo wonderful what you do for those kitties!
I definitely applaud you for taking in special needs kitties and giving them a loving home! I am soo sorry about the loss of Ismene, but just know that while you had her, you have her the most loving and wonderful home possible- and now she is in peace at the RB. Those two new furbabies are going to have a wonderful life with you taking such good care of them

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on the new additions, Katie. They sound like real beauties!

I am kind of hurt, though, that it appears I'm no longer your number one kitty supplier. What's up with that?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Katie I did not hear about Izmene until today. I am sorry for your loss. I think you must have the biggest heart to take on these two new babes. I think 14 is getting close to the crazy cat lady stigma

I can't wait to see pics. I am sure they are beautiful

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I am kind of hurt, though, that it appears I'm no longer your number one kitty supplier. What's up with that?
That is soooo not a bad thing!!! Not that the kitties you've delivered to me aren't the best in the world, but if I never got another cat from you Eileen, i would be ecstatic

Originally Posted by AsecretK

Katie I did not hear about Izmene until today. I am sorry for your loss. I think you must have the biggest heart to take on these two new babes. I think 14 is getting close to the crazy cat lady stigma

I can't wait to see pics. I am sure they are beautiful
Thank you

Yeah, I think i need to get one of those action figures
Maybe I'm still a slightly nuts cat lady? I think 20 is when you graduate to "crazy"

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww i am so sorry to hear that izmene passed away

But! thats awsome you got another two!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought Katie, but if you are close to Callista, she might be just the one to help you some with those kitties you take in. I know she's somewhere in OH... and she seems like a great person and animal friend, just like you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, so sad to hear about Izmene, but it just shows what a wonderful person you are that you are able to take on another two needy cats. Good on you - I can't imagine 14, 6 was bad enough!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Just a thought Katie, but if you are close to Callista, she might be just the one to help you some with those kitties you take in. I know she's somewhere in OH... and she seems like a great person and animal friend, just like you.
That would be a great idea, but I think she's down near Dayton, that's a good 2 maybe 3 hours away. I'm good with food and regular vet care, scooping the litterboxes
, etc, its these emergencies that hurt me. My checking account can only handle about one a month and the odds are, the more cats=more sicknesses, I just hope everyone stays healthy
every little sneeze or odd behavior has me freaking out right now