The boys and the time change

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking forward to "falling" back an hour this weekend. It's an extra hour of sleep, and I can lay in bed with DH. The boys had other plans. For the past two mornings I've been dive bombed, nipped on the hand, pawed on the arm, meowed at in the ear, and made to feel generally guilty for not waking up when they think it's time to eat. I have a feeling who ever created this whole daylight savings time thing was not owned by any cats.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the early birds club...
you are not alone.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not one of my cats has ever woken me up in the morning, in fact some of them are a little slow to follow when I get up!
either I sleep like a rock or my kitties like to sleep as much as I do
I'm totally sympathizing here

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling. You'd think that since their whole shcedule shifts and hour that they'd be observing DST themselves but such is not my luck either. I was up at a painfull 2am today because it was really supposed to be 3 and thats when I'm forced to get up so the royal family can have their breakfast.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. We've had the same thing. One black cat was exremely vocal about it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing like waking up to a black furry face less than an inch from my nose.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exactly why my girls are no longer allowed to sleep with us. Although I may be giving in to them since getting them out or beating them upstairs when it is bed time is getting harder and harder!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

That is exactly why my girls are no longer allowed to sleep with us. Although I may be giving in to them since getting them out or beating them upstairs when it is bed time is getting harder and harder!
Thats when I started giving them a little food before bed. That way they are distracted and I don't have to race up stairs. Of course, then Frankie discovered that if she paws on the bedroom door (she doesn't have front claws) it makes enough of an annoying noise to get me up anyway.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

There is nothing like waking up to a black furry face less than an inch from my nose.
Unless it's a white fuzzy butt...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Unless it's a white fuzzy butt...
True... the black face that I see seems to be shocked that I even let him on the bed. It's more of a mix of suprise and joy.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I was looking forward to "falling" back an hour this weekend. It's an extra hour of sleep, and I can lay in bed with DH. The boys had other plans. For the past two mornings I've been dive bombed, nipped on the hand, pawed on the arm, meowed at in the ear, and made to feel generally guilty for not waking up when they think it's time to eat. I have a feeling who ever created this whole daylight savings time thing was not owned by any cats.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties never wake us for food, and Lily is the vocal one in the morning, but she waits until we're awake!

DH's alarm went off this morning, as soon as it was turned off, she was straight in my face mewing and purring at me and cuddling me. She always waits until we're awake though which is nice

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Our kitties never wake us for food, and Lily is the vocal one in the morning, but she waits until we're awake!

DH's alarm went off this morning, as soon as it was turned off, she was straight in my face mewing and purring at me and cuddling me. She always waits until we're awake though which is nice
I'm so jelous! This morning Wickett waited till 2:15. Then he got the squirt gun and came back 10 minutes later. Persistant little booger.