But what does he look like?!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have a bit of a stupid dilemma...

I have just got back from travelling around Thailand for three weeks with two of my good friends.

The night before we set off, I went out with another group of girlfriends and as I wouldnt be seeing them for three weeks, we all got very, very, very drunk (can I just add that i get drunk on two glasses of wine, so I hadnt actually drank that much! I am just a bad drinker)

The morning I left I got a really funny txt from a number I didnt recognise. I txt back and to cut a long story short, I had given my phone number to a guy, but I can't remember for the life of me what he looks like.

Rather than admit this to him, I carried on txting and e-mailing him, and he seems really funny and nice.

He wants to meet up this week now that I am back in the UK but the problem is, I have NO IDEA what he looks like, and can't admit this to him as I will look stupid!

My friends say that I should be honest and say that since it was a month ago, I have forgotten what he looks likea nd could he e-mail me a picture (rather than I didn't have a clue what he looked like ever!), and that I could be passing up a great guy because I am too embaressed to admit that I have no idea what he looks like!

The thing is, I very rarely give out my number to men in clubs as I am very very happy with the way my life is right now and love being single. I dont want some big oaf to jump in and ruin all the fun I am having! So for me to have given him my number he must have really impressed me at the time (or given me more alcohol....).

But.... Doesnt the fact that he took my number when i was so completley out of it (and dancing on a table at one point...) mean that he is a weirdo?! Seriously, I am not too attractive at the best of times, but when I am drunk I am one big car crash!

So do I admit that I have no idea what he looks like (when I txt back saying "Who is this" after his first txt he asked me if I had given my number out to more than one person that night to 'hedge my bets!') and look as classy as Tara Reid, or do I slowly stop replying to his txts and e-mails and think that if it's meant to be, we'll meet again?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you like?

I would ask him for a picture or his myspace/bebo/hi5.... that way you could also find out some more about him and hopefully see a picture!

You might as well see what he's like and get a drink or something with him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But how do I phrase it? "I am sorry, I was far too drunk to even remember talking to you" won't go down too well...

He seems so nice though. but must be an axe murderer to try to pick up someone as drunk as I was!

I also left my passport in the cloak room that night and had to dash across London the next day to get it before my flight! I am one big train wreck...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't write him off! I agree with your friends, just ask him point blank..say somethig like "I'm trying to picture you but all I'm getting is...(big/small/whatever!)" He must be attractive enough for you to have given him your number in the first place...especially since you were drunk!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Some of my girlfriends are curious as to what you look like. Would you mind sending me a picture so they'll stop nagging me???"

That gets you a picture without admitting that YOU don't know what he looks like.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is too funny

I would just simply tell the truth, but in a joking context...just say..."you know its funny, I was so drunk the night we met, I completely forget what you look like..." while laughing.

He can't be mad at you for that..

Good luck, here's hoping he's not a freak

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

"Some of my girlfriends are curious as to what you look like. Would you mind sending me a picture so they'll stop nagging me???"

That gets you a picture without admitting that YOU don't know what he looks like.
Brilliant!!!!!!!

I've been known on one or two occasions to do the same thing and for the life of me the next morning I couldn't remember what he looked like so I'd casually flirt back until I either remember what he looked like or struck out totally because I'd imagined him to be Mr. Hunk 2006 and he actually turned out to be Mr. Geekazoid 1967! I now have a fool proof plan on remembering what they looked like the next day... I'd always take along my picture phone and insist I got a picture with the guy who'd been flirting (even in a forced group photo) and that way I'll more than likely be able to put a name to a face or a face at least to a text!!!!!!

Good luck... I hope you find out what he looks like!

Oh and if he does turn out to be Mr. Hunk 2006... let me know where you found him and does he have any single friends coz there is no goodlooking single men anywhere in Essex!!!! But then again, I should really be asking because I'm currently as they say "shacked up"

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
\\

quit being a pussy! tell him to go to a night club with you next weekend bring your friends along, atleast if he is ugly you can ditch him

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No advice to add - just that I think this thread is as funny as an old Seinfeld episode!

You've got to go meet him, or else you'll never know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

\\

quit being a pussy! tell him to go to a night club with you next weekend bring your friends along, atleast if he is ugly you can ditch him
loL! But i couldnt even tell you if he was black, white or asian!

I have done this once before...

Was meant to be meeting a guy and he was bringing a friend along for my friend. All i could remember was he was really goodlooking and mixed race.

We got to the bar and went in. She thoughht she spotted him at a table near the front but I wasnt sure so we agreeed that we would walk past, and if he called us over, it was him.

Well, we walked past, he called u over and we chatted for a while and we really getting on.

Suddenly, another guy in the corner of the bar caught my eye....

Yes, I wasnt actually on my date, I had managed to pick someone else up before he reached the bar! And I hadnt even been drunk the first time I had met the guy.

Have decided to e-mail him and tell him that I am registering on MySpace and ask him if he has an account (I have alrady tried entering his email ad on myspace and hi5 plus googling it and his full name but no luck - unless he IS actually a 73 year old black guy from USA)

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maverick_kitten;1403055 said:
Ok, I have a bit of a stupid dilemma...

I have just got back from travelling around Thailand for three weeks with two of my good friends.

The night before we set off, I went out with another group of girlfriends and as I wouldnt be seeing them for three weeks, we all got very, very, very drunk (can I just add that i get drunk on two glasses of wine, so I hadnt actually drank that much! I am just a bad drinker)

The morning I left I got a really funny txt from a number I didnt recognise. I txt back and to cut a long story short, I had given my phone number to a guy, but I can't remember for the life of me what he looks like.

All I can tell you is I hope he looks as good while your sober but then if you don't remember I guess it won't matter