Kitty Room!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was talking to Troy about it and i think i got him to make the spare room in to the kitty room
. I've been wanting to do redecorating in there but never had time, since i'm not working much any more i decided to start planning to re-do the room. It's nice having a guy that actually doesn't tell me i can't do things
. Encourages them then smacks him self for telling me yes. He likes animals so i more less can get any animal i want YAY
. I was thinking of painting the walls and everything make it all pretty, right now it just has a little cat stuff in it so the fur-babies have alone time.

I was talking to a few friends and they told me to make home made climbing toys for them. It actually sounds pretty simple you just take either wood or plastic and make it as tall as you want etc. Then staple carpet around it great for scratching and climbing
. Plus there fun, i'll have to get pictures of her's plus you can get fake logs and stuff that they love to bounce around on. A lot of people say Bengals love the jungle feeling, plus my Siamese kitties never stop playing lol.

So i'm just deciding on a wall color now, i also am trying to get troy to build an outdoor enclosure
. I'm trying to get projects down before it gets to cold out but he has his stupid heated garage so his lazy hind can build the frame for the enclosure in there and just bring it out to the yard and i can figure out a way to make them come and go as they please. Maybe..
, i'm excited hehe hopefully i can get a lot done and then find my new fur-baby!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds great! We tried building our own cat tree and we failed MISERABLY
. We ended up buying one and pitching the one we built. It was so unstable and Oscar looked at us as if to say "You WANT me to die today?!"
I hope you have much better luck

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat room. Its pretty cool. Yours sounds like it will be nicer then mine though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww.. no but i will take pictures of me in the chair with a beer and Troy with a pretty tool belt
. Yeah last time i tried the thing was just so wobbly that i pitched it. But she said because i didn't put a solid square board at the bottom to support it. She said the taller one's will need solid wood or the cats could get hurt by knocking them over.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very exciting! I'll watch for pics of your new room!

DH made an awesome cat tree for us...the original plan was a little wobbly, so he had to add an extra 2x4. Now it is GREAT, and Garfield loves to sleep on the top shelf.

I have a kitty room, the smelly room where I foster kittens! (Just got done with 9...can't wait to get in there and deep clean once the Momma cats get spayed!) LOL!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

Aww.. no but i will take pictures of me in the chair with a beer and Troy with a pretty tool belt
. Yeah last time i tried the thing was just so wobbly that i pitched it. But she said because i didn't put a solid square board at the bottom to support it. She said the taller one's will need solid wood or the cats could get hurt by knocking them over.
Yeah we tried putting the board at the bottom. It looked GREAT! But I don't think the wood was stable or big enough. Oh well. I got a $150 cat tree for $60 so I am happy
Good luck with your project though and I cannot wait to see lots of pictures!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see it now "TROY! You missed a spot"... "TROY! Get me a beer"... "TROY!... Oh sorry did i call you.. its a habit" lol. He knows everytime i give him a project that includes something to do with the 4 legged one's he gets his name exercised. When he was cleaning the litter box i called him 6 times complaining he still did not do it RIGHT! lol...

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are the wall color's i'm debating threw. So give me your vote on which one you like best

#1 < Peach

#2 < Greenish

#3 < Dark Peach

#4 < Dark Purple

#5 < Rose/Black Mix

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE that exact greenish color that is there. I am just very fond of it. I do kinda like the peach and purple as well....

I guess I am definately not one of the people to ask

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, i don't want dark but to light? I guess a more in between kind of flavered color