Halloween Costume Pics

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it would be fun to start a thread for pics of the costumes of TCS members this Halloween. Brian and I went to a costume party last night, and here are a few pics of our costumes. Brian went as Humphrey Bogart in the Maltese Falcon (in black and white of course), and if you can guess what my costume is you're instantly cool in my book!

Let's see those Halloween costume pics!

(Forgive the messy table in this pic...
)

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You look like Jennifer Beals in the Bride.
Of course you could also be from the movie the Labrynith? But I can't think of the girls name in that. All I remember is David Bowie.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea but it is an AWESOME costume! I am being a hula girl
My co-worker is being Captain Jack Sparrow so I will get some pics on Tuesday
I WANTED to be Ben Rothlisberger and wear his jersey and a backwards hat and put his little "beauty mark" on my face but I don't have the$75 to spend on his jersey right now...maybe next year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Of course you could also be from the movie the Labrynith? But I can't think of the girls name in that. All I remember is David Bowie.
Yep. Sarah from the Labyrinth. It was fun last night when someone would recognize it. Some girls get really excited about that movie and that scene from it in particular (I know I do!)

One girl shouted from across the room, "Oh my GOD! She's SARAH! Sweety look! Sarah!"

Can't wait to see everyone else's costumes!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Yep. Sarah from the Labyrinth. It was fun last night when someone would recognize it. Some girls get really excited about that movie and that scene from it in particular (I know I do!)

One girl shouted from across the room, "Oh my GOD! She's SARAH! Sweety look! Sarah!"

Can't wait to see everyone else's costumes!
Sadly I have never seen that movie. I know I will probably get beat up now....

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Sadly I have never seen that movie. I know I will probably get beat up now....
You're not the only one. I'm actually surprised how many people have never seen it. My husband has explained to me that the movie "has a very specific demographic"...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is like a few other movies where you grew up watch it, if not then you will have a hard time getting into it now. I don't see how anyone couldn't like it but it is also like The Dark Crystal, The Goonies, umm those are the first two that came to mind...

Anyways, awesome costume! Halloween here is pretty much wearing the skimpiest outfit ever but it was freezing cold last night. Oh I should mention that the Sat before Halloween, downtown Kent closes off the streets and EVERYONE comes down and hangs out on the streets. It is a ton of fun and there are some awesome costumes. Last year my boyfriend was Jack the Ripper and i was one of his prostitute victims. It was a ton of fun. He does all the horror movie makeup really well with latex and everything. I didn't really dress up last night though because of the cold and because we were going out to a party about 45 min away afterwards. It would just be too late to have to go home first and change and wash all that makeup off.

Haha I feel like I am making excuses for why I didn't dress up! We like worship Halloween here, it is the greatest day of the year IMO! We usually go all out on costumes and parties and everything. This year, money was tight and Halloween wasn't as fun. I have a mediocre costume here for when the kids come trick or treating. I will take a picture.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys look great!! Good job on the costumes!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's mine from work:

And a closeup (took SIX cosmentic pads and half a bottle of baby oil to get my face clean last night):

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, your costume was awesome. Coordinating all the way down to the blue boots!

I can sympathize with the make-up. My husbands took a tub of Ponds cold cream to get off.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved that movie!
Remember the Bog Of Eternal Stench?
I still die laughing at it!

When my boys seen it for the first time, they laughed so hard they had the hiccups and tears streaming down thier face...
I watched it so many times that I remember the ryhme he said before he sang when he was in the tower with the goblins...

You remind me of the babe
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of voodoo.
Who do?
You do
What?
Remind me of the babe!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat