Need A Miracle!!

kalmkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey,

I know I only seem to have emergencies, but such is my life.
Anyways, I desperately need to find help for my babies. Someone in our complex called on us for having cats. We're only allowed to have one with a $250 deposit. So...obviously we couldn't follow that. I have to find them homes before WEDNESDAY OF THIS WEEK!
I don't know what to do. I've called everywhere I can and can't get to. No one has room, or I have to pay and they still euthanize. I have 5 4-5 month olds. And unfortunately all are sick. Eye infection, skinny because of fleas and earmites. Two males and three females. Unfortunately can't give pics, don't have any because we just got them recently and have no film. Only two are related, sisters Spider and Gracey. None are neutered or spayed because of illness. Spider is gray and white striped, Gracey is multicolored long hair, Monster (female) is black and white, Killer(male) is black and white, Kody(male) is orange semi long hair. If I can't find homes for them in this time limit I'll have to take them to the Trenton Shelter, where they will most likely get euthanized. It's either my babies or my parents home...and unfortunately I have no choice.
PLEASE HELP! I can't give my phone number since it's not mine, (parents) but I can give my email address. It's [email protected].
I'm praying that something will happen. I rescue them so they will have a life and not end up in a shelter.

Also, I'm in Middletown Ohio, 45044. Area code 513. Closest to Dayton, Hamilton and some Franklin. If there's anyone out there who can help please do so.
Desperate in Ohio,
mary

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you are in this situation.

Is it possible to get a loan/overdraft/pay advance etc. and give a larger desposit?

Any family or friends who could take them in, if you continued to pay for their treatment?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kalmkat

I have 5 4-5 month olds. And unfortunately all are sick. Eye infection, skinny because of fleas and earmites. Two males and three females. Unfortunately can't give pics, don't have any because we just got them recently and have no film. Only two are related, sisters Spider and Gracey. None are neutered or spayed because of illness. . I rescue them so they will have a life and not end up in a shelter.
I do not mean to be cruel, but it is not saving an animal to take them in, but not be able to provide vet care when they are ill. And at 4-5 months, the kittens are almost old enough to reproduce, which is a whole other problem.

Also, I'm in Middletown Ohio, 45044. Area code 513. Closest to Dayton, Hamilton and some Franklin. If there's anyone out there who can help please do so.
Desperate in Ohio,
mary
A Petfinder search reveals....

Have you tried the Progressive Animal Welfare Society?
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH129.html

Or the Animal Friends Humane Society?
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH98.html

4 Love of Pets Rescue?
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH540.html

Warren County Humane Society?
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH105.html

Cat Connection of Cinncinnati?
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH108.html

Mary, I really really hope you can find a place for the kittens. They will have a better chance if you take them to the vet first to treat their current illnesses. Maybe they can even stay with your vet for a few days until they can go to a rescue. If nothing else works, please call the lady who helped rehome your other kitties. If you let her know it is a matter of life and death, maybe she will make room for your extra kitties.

Please keep us posted on how it is going!

Thanks, Becky

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not mean to be cruel, but it is not saving an animal to take them in, but not be able to provide vet care when they are ill. And at 4-5 months, the kittens are almost old enough to reproduce, which is a whole other problem.
I imagine that she couldn't think of anything else to do... You can't just leave the kittens to die, can you, even if you can't take care of them? Finding a home for them can take time... and you can see she's trying.

Re. ear mites: You can clean your cats' ears with baby oil--that should help at least a little getting some of the mites out. They really do need medicine, though. Actually, what they really need is an owner...

*cries* I want your cats! So much!! But it would kill my asthmatic roommate...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hey,

I know I only seem to have emergencies, but such is my life.
Anyways, I desperately need to find help for my babies. Someone in our complex called on us for having cats. We're only allowed to have one with a $250 deposit. So...obviously we couldn't follow that. I have to find them homes before WEDNESDAY OF THIS WEEK!
I don't know what to do. I've called everywhere I can and can't get to. No one has room, or I have to pay and they still euthanize. I have 5 4-5 month olds. And unfortunately all are sick. Eye infection, skinny because of fleas and earmites. Two males and three females. Unfortunately can't give pics, don't have any because we just got them recently and have no film. Only two are related, sisters Spider and Gracey. None are neutered or spayed because of illness. Spider is gray and white striped, Gracey is multicolored long hair, Monster (female) is black and white, Killer(male) is black and white, Kody(male) is orange semi long hair. If I can't find homes for them in this time limit I'll have to take them to the Trenton Shelter, where they will most likely get euthanized. It's either my babies or my parents home...and unfortunately I have no choice.
PLEASE HELP! I can't give my phone number since it's not mine, (parents) but I can give my email address. It's [email protected].
I'm praying that something will happen. I rescue them so they will have a life and not end up in a shelter.

Desperate in Ohio,
mary
Mary..with such a short amount of time to find them all a home....I'm afraid you will have to consider the local shelter.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalmkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, I know. Everyone has their own opinion. But if you see what happens to these cats and kittens like I do, then you would know how I feel. Me and my sister alone, in the past two years have helped rescue over 200 cats and kittens just in our area. And I mean they all have good homes, and are being taken care of. These ones we have just gotten recently like I said. And YES I do know that they can reproduce at this age. One thing though that you (Beckiboo) may have failed to realize is that in a Housing Complex everyone kicks their cats out. If it wasn't for my sister and I getting homes for all the females, and pregnant females and their kittens then I'd have a lot bigger problem right now. I can't help the negligence and stupidity of other people, but I can provide a safe, warm and abuse free home until I can get them the care they need. And the lady that does help me is taking three nine weeks olds that I found in a field and raised myself. That's all she can because she's completely full. She's also had her best friend, someone else who foster's cats and herself helping to find a home for them. She even got a prayer group at church to help me...(crying) At the moment, I think I might have help. I will update you on what happens.
Doing my best,
Mary

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know, I know. Everyone has their own opinion. But if you see what happens to these cats and kittens like I do, then you would know how I feel. Me and my sister alone, in the past two years have helped rescue over 200 cats and kittens just in our area. And I mean they all have good homes, and are being taken care of. These ones we have just gotten recently like I said. And YES I do know that they can reproduce at this age. One thing though that you (Beckiboo) may have failed to realize is that in a Housing Complex everyone kicks their cats out. If it wasn't for my sister and I getting homes for all the females, and pregnant females and their kittens then I'd have a lot bigger problem right now. I can't help the negligence and stupidity of other people, but I can provide a safe, warm and abuse free home until I can get them the care they need. And the lady that does help me is taking three nine weeks olds that I found in a field and raised myself. That's all she can because she's completely full. She's also had her best friend, someone else who foster's cats and herself helping to find a home for them. She even got a prayer group at church to help me...(crying) At the moment, I think I might have help. I will update you on what happens.
Doing my best,
Mary
Hey Mary....maybe you can get the neuter scooter to come out and provide low cost spay/neuter for the strays and ferals:

http://neuterscooter.com/ns/index.cf...clinicstate=OH

It's only $20 per feral cat.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalmkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY! I've found homes for all of them! It's really sad to see them go, but I'm glad that they'll all be in good care and not suffering in some run down shelter. Thanks for all your hopes everyone. And just to let you know I had 15 cats to place. And no the others weren't sick. I only put five on here in hopes that someone knew someone who could at least place the smaller ones...Thanks for trying anyways. So, if anyone else is ever in a jam and they really need help with whatever it is, just don't ever give up. Even if it seems hopeless like mine did. God is real, He's out there, and He'll never let you down. No matter what it is. Well, I guess I'd better get.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE ON TCS!
Living on a miracle,
Leaning on faith,
mary