How often do you paint your nails?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, how often do your get your nails done or paint them yourself?

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, like, never. In my job, the polish would be off in an hour. But I will do it the last work day of the week for the weekend occasionally.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the summer, I paint them every weekend..and in the winter I leave them unpainted to give them a break!!

I only paint my toenails too because my fingernails are too far gone to improve them

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't bother with doing my nails, although in the past, I have done them myself, and people admire them and give me compliments.

They get in the way when I'm riding my Harley, so I just keep them short.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do mine once a week and apply a clearcoat of polish to that every few days to make the paint last longer. I try to keep my nails in good condition because as a musician, if you don't it's easy for them to chip and break a lot.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have these soft flexible nails that tear if I sneeze. I've never been able to wear polish because they start cracking the polish within 12 hours of applying it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I have these soft flexible nails that tear if I sneeze. I've never been able to wear polish because they start cracking the polish within 12 hours of applying it.
You should try Sally Hansen's new "Miracle Cure" polish. It's clear and it works wonders on thin or damaged nails! I LOVE it!! I use it as an undercoat and a topcoat. It's designed for "Severe Problem Nails." It's also really gentle on your nails and rarely ever cracks. That might make your nails less brittle. I get mine at Wal-mart...but I'm sure walgreens, and other discount places sell it

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I paint my own nails about every other week or so. I like to get creative. Sometimes I will paint scenes on my nails or just do up some kind of little design. I like doing different things for different holidays.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My natural nails are an inch long and I polish them every Sunday. I put a coat of clear Sally Hansen Teflon Tough on top of the color and my manicure lasts all week. In honor of Halloween, they are black this week (Wednesday, I will go back to my normal purple or red shade).

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

My natural nails are an inch long and I polish them every Sunday. I put a coat of clear Sally Hansen Teflon Tough on top of the color and my manicure lasts all week. In honor of Halloween, they are black this week (Wednesday, I will go back to my normal purple or red shade).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when I was in my 20's I had long nails and I touched them up daily and changed the polish 2 or 3 times a week.

When I got into my 30's I began training and then working as a nurse and it's against policy to wear nail polish because it's not hygienic. So I would only paint my nails on my days off or if I was going out.

Now that I'm in my 40's I don't bother with nail polish at all. I prefer to keep my nails short and manicured, but don't do the nail polish bit at all.

I've only had 1 professional manicure and I wasn't impressed. My nails didn't look any better than when I did them myself.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I use T.I.P.S Nail Care.

http://askcosmetics.com/nailcare.htm

I buy it from our shopping channel here, but I see you can buy it from Ask Cosmetics, the company who makes it. It's an excellent product that moisturizes the nail giving it strength. The reason nails break is because they are dried out.

And I absolutely love their contoured nail file!!!! I won't use any other nail file again, ever!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! Never, since I don't have any nails, I bite them too much.
I do paint my toenails rather often in the summer.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never anymore. I bite them BADLY and it just makes them look MORE unattractive if I do paint them. And anyways, now going into the dental profession, even if I DID have nails, I am not allowed to wear nail polish because of the chipping and it's not hygeinic at all.