Guess what I saw today?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had had my camera........but Jerry and I were working out in the garage, straightening up after the remodeling job of last weekend. Well, we were sweeping, etc, dancing along to the music, when out of the corner of my eye I see something move!!
I turn my head and ..................

IT'S A SKUNK!!! He was looking at us in the garage!!!
I told Jerry don't move.........and we stood there like statues............hoping and praying the little stinker, (no pun intended) waddled off. Well, I got a case of the giggles..............and just burst out laughing..................

Luckily, the little guy didn't think we were amusing, so he waddled off without being scared and spraying us....................we saw him head off to the neighbors a few houses down, so we finished up our work and zipped into the house!! Gees, your not safe anywhere!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heheh, little cuties. I just love skunks. They have such poor eyesight that if you just stay still they usually lose interest. I'm sure you just disgusted him by laughing!!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Eeeeek, I would have freaked out..I'm scared of skunks!!

Was this in the daytime you saw him?
How do you get scared of skunks??? Did you get sprayed once when you were younger?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yuck! Last fall, just after DH had bought me my telescope, we took it on vacation to my Grandparent's. Well DH, my Grandpa, and I were out in the backyard fascinated with the moon, and this skunk comes walkin on up! We all quietly snuck back into the house....leaving my poor telescope outside!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was like 2:00 in the afternoon!! I thought they slept during the day!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh Good thing you didn't get sprayed. Everynight in our backyard a skunk walks through at almost the same time everynight b/t 7:30-8:00. My Husband thinks it lives under our Gazebo!!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have FREAKED
I am a big chicken and DO NOT want to reek for weeks and weeks