No, here's a decision. I can either wean the babies now since they are already eating dry and wet, OR I can let them all go to a foster home with Reilly until they are old enough. The vet said they only problem with them going with her they could develop the allergy also but they should be young enough now to not have it passed on to them... he hopes.
I've talked to DH and I think we are just going to re-home Reilly with a friend of mine who has only one other kitty who is 17 and is very calm and serene.
Do you guys think that would be a good decision? I mean, the babies ARE eating on thier own I would say almost 90% of the time....
I'm just happy Reilly is not going to have to have a surgery or be PTS..
Oh, and she's being spayed tomorrow morning!
I don't know why the vet would tell you that she could pass on the allergy if she stayed with them...After nursing for weeks, they would already have the antibodies that Reilly passed on to them so its not like she could suddenly pass on the allergy or not pass on the allergy. That just doesn't make sense...I do think that they should stay with her if possible for another few weeks, not only for weaning as that is not the most crucial, but rather to gain modelling behaviours from her..
I just think that is what would be best for the babies at this stage...