Can I please get some vibes for my father?

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the link to the original thread for any of you who care to read it:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ght=update+dad

Well, Dad is back in Little Rock and has had his second set of treatments of Chemo and is waiting for another stem-cell transplant. The first set of treatments went pretty smoothly, and he got to come home for a short break. He did loose all of his hair (what he had left anyway) and it was just starting to grow back before he started this round.

His wife called tonight to let me know that he is running a fever and his CRP levels are up. What this bascily means is that there is an infection somewhere in his body. Since he just had another round of chemo his white blood cell count is zero which means he has no immune system to fend off any illness. Right now its just kind of a wait and see situation, the doctors said the levels aren't high enough yet to tell exactly what is going on. If it should get worse it could be horribly life threatening, and if he beat it, he would still have to start the whole treatment process over again. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing, but we're all very worried.

If I could please get some prayers and vibes for my dad right now, that would be great. It seemed like everything was going so well. Hopefully it'll be ok and he can be back home by Thanksgiving.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear about your dad!! I hope he improves soon

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres sending lots of healthy {{{{{ vibes}}}}} to get rid of the infection - lots of
from my kitty-crew and some
for all your family and you !

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is awful when we worry about our parents. Good luck to the whole family - I hope he beats the infection and that the chemo is successful.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your Dad is going through this! Prayers that he recovers and gets well soon. My Dad grew up in Arkansas...he survived cancer and the treatments. It is difficult, but very possible, so don't give up hope!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are all the vibes i could gather up just for you and you family I hope everything goes well for you and your family)))))))GOOD VIBES(((((

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sending calming, healing thoughts & prayers for your Father & his loving family.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I can't imagine how hard this must be. All the waiting..I am sending many prayers that your dad will be okay. What an awful thing he is going through.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your father is in my prayers. I know it's tough when a loved one is ill and cancer is such a horrible thing. I hope he beats this and feels better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for all the kind thoughts and prayers. I had never even heard of this disease until he came up with it, and all of the doctors are telling him that he should have been dead six months ago. They say there is no way he should be as "healthy" as he is today. If this infection is easily cleared up, he'll be done with his treatments by Christmas and they expect it to be in total remission by then. So healthy, positive thoughts!! Thank you all again! You guys are the best!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let you know that you as well as your father and entire family are all in my prayers. Lots of vibes comming your way sweetie! ((((vibes))). Any news this afternoon on his condition? Keep us posted! Let your family and friends know that there are lots of people praying for his recovery