i adopted a stray

chezz&kitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone i am new here and i have adopted a a stray queen which turns out she is very pregnant but im not sure how to tell when she would be due to have the gorgeous bubbies i have a queen that just had her kittens 3 weeks ago but she didnt get this huge and i knew when she was due can someone please help me with finding out when i should be keeping watch for little ones thank you

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chezz&kitties

Hi everyone i am new here and i have adopted a a stray queen which turns out she is very pregnant but im not sure how to tell when she would be due to have the gorgeous bubbies i have a queen that just had her kittens 3 weeks ago but she didnt get this huge and i knew when she was due can someone please help me with finding out when i should be keeping watch for little ones thank you
Welcome to TCS....since you do not know the date of her mating, it will be difficult for us to give you a specific date to expect kittens. There is a good post on what to look for when a cat is ready to give birth:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724

Also, since you already have a cat that recently gave birth..you need to keep both cats seperate from each other so that the stray does not potentially pass something on to either your new mom or her kittens. The best thing is to have them in seperate rooms.

I do hope that you are keeping both girls indoors only and plan to have them both fixed once the kittens are weaned.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I foster, so end up getting queens with little idea of when they will deliver. Just keep her enclosed in one room, and keep feeding her the kitten chow. If she looks huge, it probably won't be long. Two litters...what a handful! I just got finished fostering two litters, but the Moms were sisters so I kept them together. It still was a lot of care!

Let us know how both litters are getting on. And of course, as Katie said, make plans to spay both Mommas after the kittens wean!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, your situation sounds just like mine did about a month back.

I just looked at the show thread that TRN1 provided and from previous experience with queens. I kept my girls separted and continue to do so and indoors only.

I thought this small queen was going to burst all over the place from getting so big for about 2 weeks. It will happen when she's good and ready I guess!

Goodluck and please keep us posted.