Eeyore is a yowling mess!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eeyore is driving my family crazy. She is in heat, so is yowling and carrying on. And two of her babies were adopted earlier this week, and the other three went to a new foster home today. The good news is that in about 2 weeks she can get spayed. But for now she is just MISERABLE!

I don't know how breeders can stand to hear their girls calling when they are in heat. And I'm sure she is more upset from missing the babies. She came from a group of 19 cats, so just having her and her younger sister Piglet together, probably feels very lonely right now. She will be reunited with her original owner in time, but for now she is a mess!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the Feliway (i think that's what it's called) plug ins? They might help her calm down a bit. Also i'm sure she'll be better once you have her spayed

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel for you...I'm going through the same thing and it's driving me nuts!! My girl Cali is a stray that came up a few months ago. I took her in for shots and testing to make sure she was healthy and made an appointment to get her spayed. Unfortunately my vet's Dad had a stroke and she has been out of town for a while so now we're going in about 2 wks to get her done. It can't come soon enough!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know - don't you just wish you could give em St. John's Wort or something! LOL. Elsa was terrible. She went into heat about every two weeks, and we couldn't get her spayed until she recovered from her bowel obstruction surgery. When we did get her spayed, they found LOTS of ovarian cysts - and that's why she was so uncomfortable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I know - don't you just wish you could give em St. John's Wort or something! LOL. Elsa was terrible. She went into heat about every two weeks, and we couldn't get her spayed until she recovered from her bowel obstruction surgery. When we did get her spayed, they found LOTS of ovarian cysts - and that's why she was so uncomfortable.
Oh, poor baby! I hope these girls cycle on a regular 4 week cycle. Piglet was just in heat last week. They will both be spayed soon...each has had 2 litters already this year. It will really feel good to have them spayed. Then once their 9 kittens get big enough (2 pounds) to spay and neuter, that will be the end of reproduction for this bunch!

It is 3:30am, and all is quiet here. Poor girl, probably cried herself to sleep. If only you could have seen Garfield earlier...he really is affected by the kitties in heat, although he was neutered as a young kitten. He begged to go in my room, the farthest room in the house from Eeyore. He curled up back to back with our in and out cat Will! I think he was thankful to be as far away from those girly hormones as he could get! LOL!