Daily Thread : Sunday 29th Oct.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well its just gone midnight here in the Uk so its Sunday

Listening to Sisters of Mercy and waiting for Pete to come home. The patio doors are open as its still quite warm here at the moment. Cats are wondering whats going on as they are usually all tucked up in bed by now

But today i feel better than i have done for a week
What with having a cold and tummy bug at the same time...
made the mistake of having a fried egg this morning..but apart from that have felt a lot better today.

Dont really know what we will do today, maybe go to the zoo or maybe just go for a ride on the bike. Haven't been to the Ponderosa for a while...unfortunately my Harley has no MOT or tax on it so will have to go pillion
Must get that sorted

Well have a peaceful Sunday guys

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get to feeling better soon!

humm, as far as my day went:

This morning..err...afternoon, lol I woke up and feed the kittens, cleaned the house a litle bit, applied for a few jobs, played tug-of-war with Fosters (hehe, he get's sooooo excited when he plays!). I also came to a final decision on the kittens names!
Yea! When I couldn't make up my mind on the final names, my nephew helped named them. Their names are now : Ruger, Pirazzi, Blazer,Magnum, and Kolar.
/ Humm as far as tonight goes, I'm filling out some online applications, I need to do some homework, i'm planning on lounging around on TCS for a bit and taking care of the kittens, and then I suppose I need to make dinner and set the clocks back soon.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty quiet here too. Nice and warm today, and I got a new dog. He found me at work this morning, and I LOVE HIM! Beautiful Siberian Husky, around a year old it appears. He's sleeping in the floor behind me in the computer room now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Pretty quiet here too. Nice and warm today, and I got a new dog. He found me at work this morning, and I LOVE HIM! Beautiful Siberian Husky, around a year old it appears. He's sleeping in the floor behind me in the computer room now.
oh wow! a new doggie??? what is his name?? where are the pictures!!! must post pictures
!!!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh wow! a new doggie??? what is his name?? where are the pictures!!! must post pictures
!!!!
Still working on a name, trying to think of something Russian (Siberian Husky sounding), and my &%$(#) camera battery is out, so I need to make a Walmart run. He is MOST beautiful though, with those white-blue eyes and a black mask over the white undercoat. And he is sooooo sweet, and housetrained.

I promise, I'll get pics as soon as I can....

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked all day and there were a bunch of adoptions, which great, but we do so much work with every adoption that I am EXHAUSTED!

The kitties who went home today were:
-Jalapeno, a 10 year old tuxie who is SWEET SWEET SWEET, but a little overweight. He came to us after he busted into someone's garden apartment via the window screen and started eatingher cat's food.
-Penguin- a 7 month old male kitten
-Dennis- a 7 month old male kitten who had a sever URI and probably is a FHV cat
-Wolfram- a 1.5 year old brown tabby who is A LOT OF CAT. This cat...man, he's trouble. He had t have a time-out cage when the floor was more crowded because he just wants to play alllllll the time. He also gets into things a la 8 Bit and is generally just a cat you want to keep your eyes on at all times.
-Neville, Irma and Toussaint- a trio of 2.5 month old siblings who just got fixed and had recovered enough to be put in Kittenville and were adopted all together to one couple who came in looking for a sibling pair. But they saw these 3 together and couldn't NOT take all of them!

We're also coming up on the end of our adoption stop for black cats, so there will be a whole slew of cats who are being held that will go home a week from today! Wow!

Also, the lady who wrote The Time Traveler's Wife adopted from us. Therefore, it's only a matter of time before Oprah does.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is sunday morning, Its currentlt 7:43 according to my computer clock but i dont know if thats thr right time?? maybe its like 7:43 am!? i cant find my watch

anyway i am waiting for the movers to get here
Incase i stop posting for today SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK AND HAVE A GREAT ONE!

*hugs you all*

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the move, Fran!
It's 9:40 a.m. here, and I still haven't gotten showered and dressed. i think I'm going to just have a lazy Sunday, as it's raining.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning!

A beautiful clear blue day here today!
With the extra hour, I can get quite a bit done today - not sure quite what yet, but I'm hoping some of it will be productive!

Hope you get your bike MOTd and taxed soon! I had to get my car tax yesterday and the MOT is next Saturday!

Good luck with your move, Fran!

Have a great Sunday everyone and enjoy that extra hour!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good Morning to you all it is 4:32 am here. No big plans for today cleaning day so i am tring to put it off until later

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, taking a bit a time for myself this morning. Got a little sleep despite leg cramps from the "activity" of the show on Saturday. I've rented a wheelchair for the weekend but I still got overtired.

Anyway, the show went well on Saturday and I got a chance to check out the dealers a couple of times. Found lots of things I'd love to had bought for my SS, but there is a budget limit.

One more day to get through.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning Folks

I am going to be going to the gym in a bit..and then later on my friend and I are going ice skating...I am so EXCITED!! We started going last year, and we try to go once a week...Man, am I going to be all winded after the gym AND skating today...Oh well, its good for my body!!

Um, then doing some laundry..and sitting around I imagine

Have a great day everyone!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another blustery day today! Time change last night, so spent my extra hour this am going through magazines and ads I hadn't read yet! Cold, rainy, windy out - think I'll stay in. Autumn's splendor seems to be mostly lying on the lawns now - not many leaves left on the trees.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a sunny day here but a bit slow going!!
We attended our godson's highschool playoff football game yesterday afternoon-they won then we drove to a farewell party for one of DH's co-workers. Too many beers-not enough food-we had a late night FF run before going home.
Not much on the agenda-perhaps putting the protective covers on some of my valuable shrubs and roses. A mid afternoon nap perhaps too!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening all! I had my first lesson in show grooming a persian today and it was exhausting! It took around 2 hours and 3 sets of hands to get it done and guess what, it wasn't perfect!
Oh well, another month to go before show day - I'm sure I'll get it right!

Otherwise, it was a pretty good day!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cold and howly howly out, I decided to make chili - two huge pots simmering away right now! Yaay - with cheese bread! Mmmmm!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Still working on a name, trying to think of something Russian (Siberian Husky sounding), and my &%$(#) camera battery is out, so I need to make a Walmart run. He is MOST beautiful though, with those white-blue eyes and a black mask over the white undercoat. And he is sooooo sweet, and housetrained.

I promise, I'll get pics as soon as I can....
Yea! I can't wait to see pictures!!!
Let us know when you come up with a name

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

So cold and howly howly out, I decided to make chili - two huge pots simmering away right now! Yaay - with cheese bread! Mmmmm!
That sounds good. I asked honey to make us some (with turkey not red meat of course!
) and he's going to!!!

Other then that, we are going shopping soon, but other then that, I am just enjoying my last two days off.
From now on, all management is going to 6 days because of a lack of crew. (and my manager won't put now hiring on our readerboard.
) We've lost 3 crew memebers in the last week and now we have two fully trained cooks, a new just hired cook, and one cashier. SO in total our shop has 8 people to run it, including the management staff.
Figure that one out. I am working 104 hours as of this Tues, my manager is working 93. What's wrong with this picture?
Oh well, as long as I get my vacation on the 22 of Nov I'm fine I guess, burning out faster each day, but fine.

Well, I better get ready. I haven't even showered yet. I smell like cat drool from rocket kneading my hair last night every 10 minutes! I love him so much. He helps me sleep.

Oh yeah, neetanddave: here's a place for you to look at Russian names for you new addition!
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/T...635/names.html
Hope it works for you and you find a name!

Have a great day everyone.