Payback...this time it's for real

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been fighting osteoarthrits in my knees for the last two years. I have tried glucosamine, chrondritin, MSM, vitamins, even got myself some Prednisone last year on the sly.

The Prednisone worked wonders, but you can not stay on that stuff, so last winter was an easy time for me. This summer the inflammation came back with a vengeance, and I have exhausted all my patience in dealing with this. I absolutely HAVE to go to the doctor's, something I despise.

I will probably have to use some kind of anti-inflamatory, which make me bleed inside and I will be asking for a painkiller that will knock out Godzilla.

Has anyone tried other things besides the MSM, glucosamine and chrondritin? What was it and did it work? I will gratefully accept any and all suggestions, this pain has just got to end.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I have no suggestions i am afraid but thought i would send some good vibes your way......sending now........and wish you all the best to relieve at least some of the pain you must be suffering

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i dont have any advice sorry but i can send you some good vibes in hopes you feel better. )))~~*GOOD VIBES*~~(((

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't any experience in this, but I thought of knee replacement surgery too. If you've exhausted all other avenues of relief obviously.
Good luck at the doctors!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, I've never had had anything liekt his, so I don't have any suggestions, but me and Willie feel so bad for you! I'm sorry you're in all this pain! God vibes are comin' your way!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have degenerative arthritious & inter-patela tendonidious in both knees as well as arthritious in my back (i'm only 21!) I pretty much destroyed my knees running and doing every sport under the sun when I was younger. I've shattered the bottom part of my tailbone cheerleading and dancing (i've injured it in the same place 2x) and almost 2 years ago, I was in an aweful carwreck which really hurt my back and neck again. I am VERY blessed that I was not hurt badly from that- with a lot of physical therapy, i'm ok today. My main problem with my knees and back happen when the weather changes and when I work out a lot. I would honestly suggest seeking physical therapy for about a month or so- memorize your routine and remember the things they teach you- then take out a gym membership so that you can keep up the work. It REALLY helps strengthen your body and really reduces the pain associated with arthritious. I have tried glucosamine- is somewhat helped me. When I have REALLLY bad pain- my doctors give me Tramadol and Skillaxin (muscle relaxer and pain killer) I haven't had to take eithor in a while - but when I need them, those work wonders on the pain. Also, i've found that cutting down on activities that specifically aggervate my arthritious helps a lot! I used to run every day when I ran track & cross country and for a few running clubs. As soon as I stopped (doctors orders unfortunately)....I noticed a huge difference and that the pain was lessened a lot. If you have something that you know triggers your pain- try to cut it out of your day as much as possible and alternate other alternatives instead. For me, since running kills my knees- i've found that I really like to use the elipitical machine and stationary bike at the gym as well as swimming- because the impact is much lower on my joints, but I still get a great work out. Swimming especially helps with arthritious!!! I couldn't recommend anything better! I swam competitively for years- and it was the one sport that didn't aggervate my arthritious. There are a ton of gyms that have water classes specifically for people with arthritious. I go to them once in a while at my gym (it's funny because it's mostly older people and just me....but you know what, the company is great, and the workouts realllllllly help my joints!
) Definitely give water therapy a try sweetie - it helps a lot! Also, I take Relafin (I take the generic of it) 3x a day when my joints act up- it's an anti-inflamatory, but it's gentle on the stomach. Good luck! Keep us posted.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Hi,

I have no suggestions i am afraid but thought i would send some good vibes your way......sending now........and wish you all the best to relieve at least some of the pain you must be suffering
Exactly that. Pain-relieving vibes heading your way.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have arthritis in my back, left shoulder, left hip and both hands. For about 4 years, I was on Celebrex and had good results. I've been off of it, for three years and am now able to get by with 800 mg of ibuprofen, twice a day.