Great News - It's official!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are adopting Talin, the baby kitten we saved.

That makes five - wish us good luck please!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You done good!!! The kitty has found a forever home!!!

You don't need luck, it's Talin that's lucky!

God Bless!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

We are adopting Talin, the baby kitten we saved.

That makes five - wish us good luck please!
I hope it goes well with the introduction
Congrats.

I'm not familiar with the story behind Talin. Can you repost or provide a link to the original story behind his/her rescue?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful news!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! Good luck with everything

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! This is wonderful news! I hope the little guy gets along well, and if you have any issues you know who to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm not familiar with the story behind Talin. Can you repost or provide a link to the original story behind his/her rescue?
BF and I were at home together, all as usual, one evening (Sept. 28th), when my cell phone rang. I checked the number, and it was BF's. I picked up, half expecting it to be his butt calling me again. It wasn't.

BF had stepped outside and heard a kitty crying its lungs out, and he'd found it in the garden of an abandoned house across and down the street from us, and was trying to coax it to him. He called me to come out and help him.

Over the next two hours or so we stalked and coaxed the kitten. Several passers-by informed us that he had been there for three or four days crying (one girl had tried, unsuccessfully, to trap him, and wished us well, but most just regarded him as a nuisance). Eventually, I got my hands on him and despite his clawing and biting did not let go. It wasn't enough - our little Houdini slipped out of my hands before BF could get the cat box over.

BF eventually tricked him into the box with the tuna lure, resulting in a howling trapped kitten - now covered in tuna in oil. Yum!

Once we got him into our bathroom he settled right in for loads of cuddling, nestling between, yes, my boobs for warmth. Now I too was covered in tuna oil.

I tried to sex him, but he's a wiggly little thing. I was guessing male, 7 weeks (the vet confirmed this), so we picked a name for him based on his one notable feature (a goatee), giving him the name of a favorite swashbuckling character - Talin. We also picked a girl's name as an in-case (Elizabeth, for Elizabeth Swann in The Pirates of the Caribbean). We picked the names on Friday while at work, and he was known as 'Talin Elizabeth' (so he would associate them both with himself) until Mon. Oct. 1 when I took him to the vets' (he was kept seperated from the others until cleared).

Brief introductions ensued in good time, with Sláine taking an immediate like to him. Talin has his own room with brief, supervised visits to the dining room (great floor for pinecone soccer!), and Sláine likes to visit him in there.

Today was his day with the run of (most of) the house. Slayer will play with him, but (as with when she plays with Sláine) she doesn't like it if she doesn't win. Molly and Bobby still have not adjusted to him; ironically, this seems to have brought Bobby and Slayer closer together (caught snuggling very closely several times now), and calmed down the three-way power struggles between Molly, Bobby and Slayer.

He's about eleven weeks old now, still quite small - very loud, very wiggly, very purry, and likes kissy faces. When he's throughly worn himself out he's good for a sleepy snuggle session.

I'll post some pics in fur pics this week (hopefully this weekend), when BF fixes whatever hiccup his computer had.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These pictures are from his first night, so they are a little old. He looks much the same, a tiny bit bigger now.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, what an adorable little guy!
Congratulations on your new addition!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awwww! He's darling!!!!

I'm so glad that you were able to rescue that poor baby and that you are able to keep him and give him a loving home!
Thank you. It was so hard, and very scary at the time - we were so frightened that he would get away or get too close to the road his was already too near.

Thankfully, that's all over now, and he's safe and warm inside.

{Satai does glowing meowmy faces.}

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Awww, what an adorable little guy!
Congratulations on your new addition!
Thank you! I'm so in love.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It makes me want to fly over and just cuddle him! He's a sweetie.
Anytime! He's quite the cuddler (when he's exhausted, at least!)