Wearing Your Loved-One

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard about this...nah, I rather bury my cats in my garden so that s(he) can hang out with the rest of the crew over the bridge!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I've heard about this...nah, I rather bury my cats in my garden so that s(he) can hang out with the rest of the crew over the bridge!
Have you checked out the prices to have these diamonds made? As much as I love my family and cats, there is no way I'd spend $20,000 to have a diamond made from their cremated ashes, LOL

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too. What an heirloom something like that would make. I would rather spend a pile of money on that than on a box to throw in the ground.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its a lovely idea, but i have no intention of moving house and like to know that my best pals are close to me in the garden.

Oh man i am getting upset just thinking about it.....TC, Jasper and Smudge all have their plots in the garden

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

... Literally....

http://www.lifegem.com/

You can actually have cremated remains turned into diamonds!

And I thought nothing would surprise me... whoops! I'm surprised,
BF and I hope to do this with our own remains when the time comes, and probably with our kitties as well.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Its a lovely idea, but i have no intention of moving house and like to know that my best pals are close to me in the garden.

Oh man i am getting upset just thinking about it.....TC, Jasper and Smudge all have their plots in the garden
That's beautiful too - it's just not really an option for us. I'd hate the thought and worry of ever having to leave them behind.

I know I couldn't really - they would always be in my heart - but it would bother me.

As for myself, I've wanted to be cremeated since I was about 12, when my grandfather was dying and he and my grandmother were discussing options.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I'm surprised at how many seem to like this idea.

Personally I doubt the process costs anywhere near the prices they are charging. To me it's just another way for people to prey off of the grieving and make a buck for themselves.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking...

Can you imagine if it were stolen or lost?

What about insurance? You would never be able to insure it for $20,000.00 because the diamond wouldn't be worth that amount. Insurance companies would only insure it based on its appraised value as a diamond. They are selling a .2 karat diamond for something like $3,000.00. A .2 karat diamond, even the best cut you can get is not worth 1/4 of that.

The price you are paying is for sentiment, which is why I feel they are preying on those who are vulnerable and wanting to hold onto their loved one.

Oh well. We are all different which is what is nice about the world
We all have our own individual likes and options of choice

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I was just thinking...

Can you imagine if it were stolen or lost?
I was thinking about that, which is why I would never do it.

I can see it now: washing my cat/grandparent/etc down the shower drain on accident. Or losing them on the beach. Just....doesn't really sit right with me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had found this link at another forum.

I just went there and read some of the posts and this one really struck me.

"Turning into worm food and feeding a plant that feeds a butterfly actually appeals to me. I've always liked the idea of returning to the earth and become part again of what gave me life.

I don't have anything against the idea of diamonds, but I'd rather be a dandelion."

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about this for humans............which I´m not so sure about - if you had your partner as a diamond - who would you pass it onto when you passed away ?? Lets face it - it only means something to you.

I think we all need to do what ever we think is right & appropriate

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Interesting notion. I've heard of some people putting cremains into a locket and wearing it. I simply had my husband cremated and interred in a veterans' cememtery.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to do it if I had the money. You don't have to wait until they die as you can use a lock of hair. I think I'd prefer to do it that way than use their ashes. I love the idea of my cats being diamonds and being able to keep wear them - I think it's a lovely idea.