How do you really feel ? ?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you post a new thread - 45 people look at it BUT you only get 3 replies

How does that make you feel ??

maybe only 3 people will post a reply to this !!!

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually get alittle upset because the least I do is try reply or at least offer some sort of input on all the treads - whether I help or not!

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would feel a bit upset too, especially if it was a question and i needed a lot of help. I guess you get know what guys like talking about and what they dont. But saying that i have also learned in my short time on here that you can talk about anything

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can only get on for limited times and while I may read it, I may have nothing to add. It is nothing personal but the topic doesn't always interest me enough to add something that everyone else has said.

chaunte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you're saying, but for some people, they might not have anything to add.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

while I may read it, I may have nothing to add. It is nothing personal but the topic doesn't always interest me enough to add something that everyone else has said.
If it is in one of the health forums, I do not offer advice unless I have had personal experience with it or can provide a link, unless the obvious advice is "go to your vet". I also won't keep repeating what others have said.

I think it would be impossible to reply to every thread I read.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can do better.....I've had several threads that get no replies at all. So I guess sometimes people don't have anything to say to me. Frustrating, but oh well.
Also, I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I find that people respond less to posters that don't spend as much time on TCS replying to every other posts. Which I get, and there's definitely a TCS inner family that includes a select few who spend ooodles of time here....but keep in mind that not all of us can spend as much time on TCS as some of you and sometimes it feels kind of exclusionary. However, it's unreasonable for us to expect those TCSers to take time out to respond to all of us when they don't know us the way they know say Fwan or Hydroaxe (hope you guys don't mind my using your names) etc. While all of TCS is friendly, there are definitely a few circles of real friends, who know each other the way friends, not just co-forumers, know each other. And good for them!
Some times, also, people who can't be on much spend the time they have following specific threads instead of combing through and trying to answer everyone, which is one reason why some threads get missed.
But it does suck when you see nobody has answered you and there are a thousand responses (even if it's just "good luck") to the thread posted after yours.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

If it is in one of the health forums, I do not offer advice unless I have had personal experience with it or can provide a link, unless the obvious advice is "go to your vet". I also won't keep repeating what others have said.

I think it would be impossible to reply to every thread I read.
If I don't know how to answer, I don't! And if I don't understand or it doesn't relate I don't answer too! So, don't be upset that I don't reply...I probably means I don't know how to!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does sometimes hurt, but one thing though is that there are people who look on TCS that are not members so they can't reply

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

I just take it as people don't know me very well, yet. *shrugs*
I don't think that has to do with whether people reply or not...It doesn't for me anyway..I just reply if I feel like saying something..but never do I reply based on not knowing someone very well

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I don't think that has to do with whether people reply or not...It doesn't for me anyway..I just reply if I feel like saying something..but never do I reply based on not knowing someone very well
aw that's sweet!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

If I don't know how to answer, I don't! And if I don't understand or it doesn't relate I don't answer too! So, don't be upset that I don't reply...I probably means I don't know how to!
Yep i agree sometimes you just cant find the words or someone has already said what you where thinking.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't bother me all too much. At least I know people are at least reading it.

Anyway you have to consider also that many of the people who do view post are "guest" and do not have posting privileges.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Me too.
Sometimes I'll see a post that seems to be overlooked and I'll post a reply 'cos I feel bad for the OP. But I don't want to be a big bumper.
I don't always have a lot of time to post though. Sometimes I'll just come on quickly and read. I think a lot of people are in that position.