when does your day start?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mean what time do you get up, but when do you feel the day has officially begun?
For me, it's after I brush my teeth! I take as long as possible over breakfast, having multiple cups of tea, usually I'm on TCS. I put off brushing my teeth because then I have to get on with the day and get going.
Anyone here a "get up and go" kind of person?
I always shake my head in wonder when I drive by all the people out jogging at 6 am. Don't they know they could be snuggled up in bed with a cuddly cat instead?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a huge cup of coffee and a smoke. I'm not rational before then, and DH knows not to talk to me. My only language at that point is a grunt.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to have a cup of coffee too of seven cups of coffee LOL
I really need that pick me up getting up anywhere between 2am and 5am

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As soon as i see sunlight.

This is why i get so drowsy at work, but thats because i dont have tea or coffee in the mornings
and i realised that the energy drinks arent working!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day starts in the morning after my shower when I put on some loud music to listen to while I get ready....I LOVE music, so I really look forward to that..and thats when I feel like my day starts.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work nights and get up at 8pm but it starts at 9 when im in shower... Work 10-7am and ends at 12 ish when i fall asleep surrounded by lumps that have slept the night and day just perfect
RJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh I don't thin I could handle working nights. Mind you, sleeping all day with the cats sounds good!
In the summer when I have to get up at 5 something am, I want to cry. It's alwys so hard to get out of bed.
Today, I'm on my 5th cup of tea already! I think it's going to be a lazy Saturday with lots of TCS time.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My day starts in the morning after my shower when I put on some loud music to listen to while I get ready....I LOVE music, so I really look forward to that..and thats when I feel like my day starts.
what kind of music my friend?
...depends of your mood?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

what kind of music my friend?
...depends of your mood?
I like cheesy music like Avril Lavigne, Beyonce...and also hip hop music..I love Jay-Z..AND I also like country...lol I like everything!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like cheesy music like Avril Lavigne, Beyonce...and also hip hop music..I love Jay-Z..AND I also like country...lol I like everything!!
Okay my friend!...
I´m a music lover too!..

for me, an excelent way to begins the day is listen this kind of music:

http://www.rippingtons.com/

http://www.vollenweider.com/splash.html

and Yanny and Ennya music also too!

have you ever to listened before this one´s????
...( just for ask)

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
.....I have had a coffee and a cig or 3
Then Michaela charges down the stairs full of life expecting me to be full of life too. You would think at 10 she would know by now that its not going to happen.
I get at 8am and wake up at 9ish.

chaunte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My day really starts once I shower & go to the usps.
I get up, process orders & emails, & then I get ready (shower) around 2pm to go get the packages & mail them.
After that, I feel my day has started.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I have a huge cup of coffee and a smoke. I'm not rational before then, and DH knows not to talk to me. My only language at that point is a grunt.

I am NOT a morning person... AT ALL! DH knows to stand at the bedroom door or at least 10 feet away when it's time to wake me up

My day starts after a cup of coffee and a cigarette. Then it's time to wake the kids up and the battle begins.......
.... and my day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DixieDarlin - you have to wake the kids up?! Isn't it usually the other way round? Many moms would envy you!

Chaunte - A 2 pm "start" seems like a nice sleep in. I'm guessing you work late though.

For some reason this thread reminded me of my dear friend and her 3 sisters. They all used to have body image issues when they were teens, and would absolutely refuse to so much as answer the door before they had full make-up on. Glad they've all gotten over it!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

DixieDarlin - you have to wake the kids up?! Isn't it usually the other way round? Many moms would envy you!

Chaunte - A 2 pm "start" seems like a nice sleep in. I'm guessing you work late though.

For some reason this thread reminded me of my dear friend and her 3 sisters. They all used to have body image issues when they were teens, and would absolutely refuse to so much as answer the door before they had full make-up on. Glad they've all gotten over it!
We get up at 6am every morning. They usually sleep in from watching TV late at night

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My day starts when I walk into the kitchen to make coffee and 12 hungry cats surround me, meowing at the top of their lungs until I feed them.