Daylight Savings Time Ends on Sunday

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think for me its tonight??

I hate daylight savings time...I always forget and then I'm either one hour late or early for something

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am still adjusting to this DST thing but I finally got the hang of it! I turn back all wind up clocks before I go to bed (x3 in the house, including alarm clock) because most of my digital clocks have built in DST and I land up waking up 2 hours late if I turn one of those back an hour!

Yup for us in UK it is tonight at 2am that the clocks go back!!!!! Don't forget like my mum did last year and arrived at work 2 hours early because she turned them forward!!!! Silly lady!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, at 2am we turn it back to 1am, right? Not 3am? Tonight is when we get the extra hour of sleep and in Spring is when they take it away from us, right?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah we do it tonight in Spain, we try to do all the clocks etc, before we go to bed but theres always one or two we forget about - all that digital stuff - you know cookers, microwave

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It works out perfectly for me. Gives me an extra hour of sleep because I have to work until Midnight tonight and get up and work at 9am tomorrow morning.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The change is at 3 a.m. here. Most of our clocks are radio-controlled, so we really only have to worry about our watches and the fax machine. I wonder how we can turn the kitties back an hour, though?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou sooooo much for mentioning that! I would have completly forgotten! Thanks again

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I wonder how we can turn the kitties back an hour, though?
lol, I always wonder that everytime the time changes
so far i've had no luck lol. I just make them wait for their meals according to the new time to help them adjust more easily- but I still get paws shoved in my face and kitty screams when their demands aren't meet.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

lol, I always wonder that everytime the time changes
so far I've had no luck lol. I just make them wait for their meals according to the new time to help them adjust more easily- but I still get paws shoved in my face and kitty screams when their demands aren't meet.
I use an automatic feeder for breakfast, and have set it to open five hours from now, so that I don't get a paw in my mouth at 4 a.m. standard time. I think I'll just push the "opening hour" up 10 minutes a day for a week!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6093560.stm So, should DST be made permanent?
To that I say a rosounding NO! Standard time is the REAL time, it's the time that the earth rotates by. People born from like 12a - 1a daylight time, aren't even having their proper birthday. I think we should ALL stay on standard time and forget that silly daylight time. I HATE it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, but Hope, you're pretty far south. NYC is at the same latitude as Rome. I've spent time in Scotland, and it's still light out at 10 p.m. in summer, and here in Germany, sundown in June is about 9:00 to 9:30 p.m.. I prefer it being lighter in the morning, as I leave the house at 6:45 a.m., and am not often out late in the evening, but I can see what some people are arguing.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I am seriously confused by all of this (it's new in Indiana).

So- is it tonight/this morning that I set the clock back? Meaning, right now it's 9:30pm in Indiana. Will I be setting my clock back in 4 and a half hours? Or is it Sunday night/Monday morning at 2am?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a little quote that always helps me remember:

"Fall Back & Spring Foward"
.......in the fall, set your clock back an hour, in the spring, set it foward an hour

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy...
I have a lot of clocks to turn back...