How do I stop my kittens from pulling my wallpaper off???? HELP

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

My kittens are being real pains at the moment.
They are pulling the wallpaper off in my room, the big proble with that is that it has polystyrene behind it because I had two outside walls.
Well they are pulling that off too and are attempting to eat it.

I thought about closing my door but I can't because they pull the carpet up and then I can't open my door properly.

I have also tried using that stuff which you can put on your furniture to stop cats from scratching it. That doesn't work, they still carry on.

Any help is very much appreciated

LuLu x

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you thought of sticky paws tape? I was having a problem with two of my cats using the corners of walls as scratching posts...digging the drywall out with their nails and my door frames are all gouged as well-I bought sticky paws tape and so far so good. I would use the spray along the door way and the sticky paws where they scratch the paper off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

Have you thought of sticky paws tape? I was having a problem with two of my cats using the corners of walls as scratching posts...digging the drywall out with their nails and my door frames are all gouged as well-I bought sticky paws tape and so far so good. I would use the spray along the door way and the sticky paws where they scratch the paper off.
Is it just like sticky tape but special cat proof stuff
lol
Might think about getting that

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy some scratching posts.If your cats have good sisal or cardboard things to scratch, they won't go after your wallpaper!

Incidentally Gizmo is declawed and she STILL uses scratching posts. It's hardwired behaviour.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't ever recommend declawing a cat...no way, no how....sticky paws is a two sided tape...cats don't like sticky---extra scratch posts would also help - find out what kind of material you kitty likes...carpet (berber,fluffy etc) you can also make your own like we did- I went to the carpet store and got carpet ends and fashioned a three tier one four our 4 now 5 cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks furry4fury. Will ask my parents if we can buy some. lol

gizmocat: We already have stratching posts. They use them but still use the wallpaper.
I also wouldn't dare declaw my cats.