Sweet Stumpy girl

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was lying on the couch feeling like crap today post-surgery, and Stumpy came and sat on my lap and curled up purring!

That's the first time she's done that since we first got her! I was patting her absent-mindedly then I realised it was her, and couldn't believe it. I gave her extra pats and cuddles and she was purrrrrrrring away

Cats just know when you're not well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just took all my pills, and the last one got stuck halfway, so I had to have more liquids to swallow it down, but that tablet tasted HORRIBLE! After 5 minutes of gagging I threw up a few times and I can still taste it

I don't know if I should take the pills again or not...

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy the sweet nurse!

Sorry to hear about the meds. Hope you get better so you do not have to take them anymore.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I just took all my pills, and the last one got stuck halfway, so I had to have more liquids to swallow it down, but that tablet tasted HORRIBLE! After 5 minutes of gagging I threw up a few times and I can still taste it

I don't know if I should take the pills again or not...
If you can see all of the pills in what you vomited out and they are in the same condition as when you took them, and after 5 minutes they should be... you can take them again.

HOWEVER, if you don't see the pills in the vomit, or they are partially digested, then don't retake them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that is adorable..I have heard that cats do know when you feel like crap and try to cuddle up. Trout doesn't do that..she just looks at me like I have 3 heads when I'm crying...little freak.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

If you can see all of the pills in what you vomited out and they are in the same condition as when you took them, and after 5 minutes they should be... you can take them again.

HOWEVER, if you don't see the pills in the vomit, or they are partially digested, then don't retake them.
I didn't notice any pills but then I wasn't looking too closely
I took just the antibiotic a couple of hours later just in case.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet Stumpy girl!

I sometimes give my kids a pill in whipped cream. Any sweet, soft food will do. Sometimes I think the pills start to melt a little and taste gross, making them harder to swallow. The whipped cream just helps them go down better.

Hope you are feeling better today!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a very loving kitty and sorry you got sick but atleast your stumpy came to make meomy feel better.