Promise ring question

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John finally gave me the promise ring he has told me all about.
Its very pretty. A little to big but very pretty. Its sterling silver has a big light blue stone (fake) with 3 small diamonds (real) on either side of the stone.
I really love it. My problem is I still have the promise ring Stan gave me about 4 months after we first started dating. Ive warn it every day for over 3 years. I really love it. I dont know wether I should stop wearing the one Stan gave me or not?
I wear the one Stan gave me on the ring finger of my right hand (only one it will fit other then left ring finger). Johns I'm wearing on my middle finger on my left. I was going to wear it on my ring finger on my left but its to big and kept flying off. Do you guys think I should stop wearing Stans ring? Here are some pics.

Johns promise ring

Stan and Johns together.

And an adorable pic of Bagheera and Annie sleeping together this morning. They were sleeping with Jonh's sister Sarah when I went to work this morning. They woke up before I could get them really cute. Their heads were touching.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As much as you love Stan's, I wouldn't recommend wearing it with John's. A promise ring stands for a promise to a man - and you're with John now. I'd say put Stan's away for safekeeping.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear lord, yes stop wearing Stans ring. You are broken up, it doesn't mean anything anymore!! Give it back girl!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Dear lord, yes stop wearing Stans ring. You are broken up, it doesn't mean anything anymore!! Give it back girl!!
He doesnt want it back. I offered when we broke up. He said to keep it. It had no meaning to him any more.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once John's went on your finger,Stans should come off.I would keep it for Lava Girl when she gets older if you're wanting to keep it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Once John's went on your finger,Stans should come off.I would keep it for Lava Girl when she gets older if you're wanting to keep it.
Thats not a bad idea...keeping it for miss lava.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great idea!!! Definitely take it off though - John's is much nicer anyway

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree you should stop wearing Stan's ring now -- but I do understand still wanting to. I LOVE my wedding band, and I kept wearing it for months after my divorce. I still have it in my jewelry box, but it no longer fits properly, so I just look at it lovingly from time to time, for the beautiful piece of art that it is. I also agree that keeping it for Lava girl is a good idea.

Oh, and don't worry about John's being too big for too much longer -- you have some weight to gain and water to retain in the coming months

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not just wear the old one on a different finger? It's just a ring and if you like it there is no need to stop wearing it.

Years ago I was engaged to be married and my ring was non-traditional in that it had a ruby in the middle surrounded by 6 small diamonds. When we broke up I kept the ring (long story). I just moved it to another finger. It's a very pretty ring so why should I stop wearing it?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that is a wonderful suggestion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Why not just wear the old one on a different finger? It's just a ring and if you like it there is no need to stop wearing it.

Years ago I was engaged to be married and my ring was non-traditional in that it had a ruby in the middle surrounded by 6 small diamonds. When we broke up I kept the ring (long story). I just moved it to another finger. It's a very pretty ring so why should I stop wearing it?
I have been wearing Johns on my left and Stans on my right. I just put them together because I couldnt get a picture of my right hand because my left would shake and then the ring wouldnt turn out. Ive decided to keep it for Lava Girl. I did take it off though.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

I have been wearing Johns on my left and Stans on my right. I just put them together because I couldnt get a picture of my right hand because my left would shake and then the ring wouldnt turn out. Ive decided to keep it for Lava Girl. I did take it off though.
I'm a little late on the advice (which was great). I totally agree with what you did. In your short time with John, you two have been through A LOT. By just wearing John's ring, you are giving him his due. And Lava Girl will appreciate something from her dad.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was thinking the same thing. You shouldn't be wearing two mens rings. That's now giving your current guy (John) his due. I'm glad you put the old one away.
Your little one might want it someday, then you'll have it to give to her!

Congrats on your decision!