I'm so sore!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our crew didn't show up for work today so I had no choice but to help DH tear off a roof today!
I am SOOOOo sore! My hands have blisters, they're sore and burning. My arms feel like spaghetti and my back is killing me. I have helped do small things when they do a roof but never actually torn off and dried in (tar papered) a roof before... WOW that is HARD work. And there's a good chance I'll have to help tomorrow. We called everyone on the crew and no answer. The one guy who did show up didn't do anything and left at noon because "It looks like rain" It's 9pm and it's just NOW raining..
I came home, ate, took a couple Advil and a looooooong hot bath... I'm still sore

I couldn't do this all the time.. that's why I manage and schedule, not roof

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean they just didn't show up? Like how many people is that!?! I'd fire every single butt....but then you'll still be doing some roofing!

I hope you get some good rest tonight! I'd be miserable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

What do you mean they just didn't show up? Like how many people is that!?! I'd fire every single butt....but then you'll still be doing some roofing!

I hope you get some good rest tonight! I'd be miserable!
4 people.They just didn't show up. We told them to be there at 8am sharp and to start tearing off and when we got there at 7:45 no one was there. We waiting until 9 am and started calling them. No one answered. You can bet your rear they're fired!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Our crew didn't show up for work today so I had no choice but to help DH tear off a roof today!
I am SOOOOo sore! My hands have blisters, they're sore and burning. My arms feel like spaghetti and my back is killing me. I have helped do small things when they do a roof but never actually torn off and dried in (tar papered) a roof before... WOW that is HARD work. And there's a good chance I'll have to help tomorrow. We called everyone on the crew and no answer. The one guy who did show up didn't do anything and left at noon because "It looks like rain" It's 9pm and it's just NOW raining..
I came home, ate, took a couple Advil and a looooooong hot bath... I'm still sore

I couldn't do this all the time.. that's why I manage and schedule, not roof
what you can do
Get that movie out of the closet

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for you. I helped my sister ex boyfriend tear off a roof one time. It about killed me. Get some rest.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never taired off roofs, but i stack shelves at the supermarket.
A box of apple juice fell on my head and luckly it didnt hurt! my collegue felt so bad he started hugging me and touching my hair, it felt so sexual

But then later when i went shoe shopping with my dad i saw i have 7 big black bruises on my legs! and i dont know from what! today they hurt so much!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

It seems really strange that the entire crew didn't show up!! I hope you're having an easier day today.
We found out they all went out an partied the night before... so they were hungover... I ended up helping again today because we fired them yesterday. It wasn't too bad today. Ya kinda get used to it
DH showed me a few tricks to make it easier too. We just got home and I ate a whole footlong sub, 2 cookies and a bag of chips from Subway... you sure work up and appetite when roofing