Quicksilver Spay update

kura

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep thats right a surgeon at the vet clinic I go to, did it.
And Quicksilver is fine. I gave the vet nurse some paper that I print that early neuter/spay study on, to past round the surgery for the vets to read. But It turns out the surgeon who did the operation, already knew about the study and was waiting, for ether an accident in which she would have to do it or for some person who knew about the study (like me) to ask her to do it.
I think I might have started something over here, because the surgeon is going to write up a paper about today. The surgeon said that is was an especially strong case for early neuter/spays, considering she had respiratory problems and was a feral.
What she is also going to put in the paper is the fact that wen they gave her the stuff to wake her back up, she woke up in 10 minutes. I was told by my friend (who went on a animal care course) that for a kitten of 5-6 months it take about 30-45 minutes for them to wake up. Even then they are drowsy. But Quicksilver has been herself (running round after Creep) Every so often she gets disorientated and just started attacking me for no reason. (this is when she went to sleep) I think she was have some sort of cat night terror. Quicksilver is now a sleep and not shaking at all.

Thanks for everyone's help in encouraging me to get her spay so early.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kura

Yep thats right a surgeon at the vet clinic I go to, did it.
And Quicksilver is fine. I gave the vet nurse some paper that I print that early neuter/spay study on, to past round the surgery for the vets to read. But It turns out the surgeon who did the operation, already knew about the study and was waiting, for ether an accident in which she would have to do it or for some person who knew about the study (like me) to ask her to do it.
I think I might have started something over here, because the surgeon is going to write up a paper about today. The surgeon said that is was an especially strong case for early neuter/spays, considering she had respiratory problems and was a feral.
What she is also going to put in the paper is the fact that wen they gave her the stuff to wake her back up, she woke up in 10 minutes. I was told by my friend (who went on a animal care course) that for a kitten of 5-6 months it take about 30-45 minutes for them to wake up. Even then they are drowsy. But Quicksilver has been herself (running round after Creep) Every so often she gets disorientated and just started attacking me for no reason. (this is when she went to sleep) I think she was have some sort of cat night terror. Quicksilver is now a sleep and not shaking at all.

Thanks for everyone's help in encouraging me to get her spay so early.
Wow!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kura

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I knew where to send it, I would start a pertion to change the age of neutering/spaying, over here to about 3 months or when ever the kitten became sexualy mature.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

If I knew where to send it, I would start a pertion to change the age of neutering/spaying, over here to about 3 months or when ever the kitten became sexualy mature.
How about going to other local vet offices and providing them a copy of that study.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kura

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where would I find my local vets office?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fantastic news!

Hopefully this will encourage more vets to become familiar with the procedure

Well done for pursuing this!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Where would I find my local vets office?
Probably in your phone book....you may not refer to it as a vet office.....I'm sure there are other vet practices that could benefit from learning about pediatric spay/.neuter.

Katie