Ferris is out of surgery

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And he is doing very well, there were no complications. Yay!!!

Thank you, those of you who sent out vibes for him!!!

I can't wait to go get him and bring him home!!!

For those of you that have multiple cats, what did you do about the litter box issue after the neuter?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
uh-oh, what litter box issue?? I wasn't aware there was anything special you had to do????

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear it went well! I have never had a cat before Radar so don't know about the litterbox issue, I will be watching this space for other responses as I will be going through this myself in the not too distant future...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told I have to put down shredded newspaper in a litter box for him with no litter in it, but I'm afraid that won't work for my Ginger girl. Both boxes are side by side, and they both use the both of them.

I'm wondering if anyone here has just kept regular litter in the box, and were their kitties ok?

My vet is concerned that he may get litter stuck to his sac which could "weigh it down" and therefore cause him pain, or worse, cause infection if it sticks to the wound.

That's why I'm asking for the benefit of the experiences other folks have had after their boys were neutered in multi-cat households. I don't have the ability to put Ferris in a room all by himself, unfortunately, my place is too small.

Anyone?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I was told I have to put down shredded newspaper in a litter box for him with no litter in it, but I'm afraid that won't work for my Ginger girl. Both boxes are side by side, and they both use the both of them.

I'm wondering if anyone here has just kept regular litter in the box, and were their kitties ok?

My vet is concerned that he may get litter stuck to his sac which could "weigh it down" and therefore cause him pain, or worse, cause infection if it sticks to the wound.

That's why I'm asking for the benefit of the experiences other folks have had after their boys were neutered in multi-cat households. I don't have the ability to put Ferris in a room all by himself, unfortunately, my place is too small.

Anyone?
I swear I have never heard this, I have actually only had to get one of my cats neutered myself in the past, and the newspaper thing was never recommended and as far as I can remember it was never told to my Mom either Next Thursday I am taking in 3 of my little boys and the vet didn't say anything when I made my appt, huh, interesting

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of this either. I didn't do a single thing for my male or females that got spayed or neutered.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I swear I have never heard this
me, either, altho, to be fair, i've only neutered females - Chip came pre-clipped
i've only heard about litter changes after a declaw. they don't usually touch the litter with their hind ends, after all.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard this either. I didn't do anything different w/ Wickett exept keep him in the bathroom for a few hours while he came all the way out of sedation. Litter didn't get changed though. Hmmm... I was about to suggest you give him a look over after he uses the potty for the first week or so but remembering how he runs from you usually that might be hard and just upset him more.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys - that makes me feel better about it. I think I'll just be sure to clean the litter box before I let him near it, and put in only about half the amount I usually do, just in case.

He does like to lie in the litter box once in a while though - he's a weirdo.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing was ever said when we've had our boys lost their boys.... business as usual, except they seemed a little pissed off afterwards...

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just keep an eye on the incision to make sure litter doesn't cling to the site. I know this might be hard but try not to let him lay in the litter for a while.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bet its great to have him back home - I havent heard of the thing about little box either, just left the normal stuff in. I did follow him all over the house to make sure he was ok - over protective mum

here sending some GET WELL SOON {{{{{vibes}}}}} and some
from my kitty-crew

Oh did you ask about the other matter you were worried about ?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Oh did you ask about the other matter you were worried about ?
OMG, I completely forgot!!!

I was so concerned about getting him in the carrier that I woke up over an hour before my alarm went off, and besides the fact that I'm half brain dead, it just completely slipped my mind! Whoopsie!

I'll have to mention it to them when I pick him up!!! I do think it's nothing and that I overreacted, though.