What to wear to a Fall Wedding?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nooooooooo idea..I have no dressy clothes so I probably have to buy something to wear...and it will be cold. The wedding is next weekend and is my cousins wedding.

It is a 2pm ceremony followed by a reception....just a normal type thing.

Ideas?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
long sleve v neck slinky sweater in a fall color and a nice mid calf A line dark skirt with nice little low heals (not too high they are unconfortable)

I have a similar outfit I wore lasy rear to a September sedding. It was nice and confortable and warm enough... and if it's too warm push the sleeves up.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same dilemma here! I'm going to a wedding next weekend too
I finally just picked a dress out yesterday. A lot of people advised me to wear autumn-y colors, which was pretty tough to find since most of the holiday dresses are in (black...and more black!). I decided on a dark red (warm undertones) matte jersey dress with dark brown suede heels and matching suede coat...the heels are my favorite part though

If you have a Macy's near you, definitely check it out! They had a ton of dresses, I'm glad I was able to find something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

Same dilemma here! I'm going to a wedding next weekend too
I finally just picked a dress out yesterday. A lot of people advised me to wear autumn-y colors, which was pretty tough to find since most of the holiday dresses are in (black...and more black!). I decided on a dark red (warm undertones) matte jersey dress with dark brown suede heels and matching suede coat...the heels are my favorite part though

If you have a Macy's near you, definitely check it out! They had a ton of dresses, I'm glad I was able to find something.
I have shoes very similar to that, but they are black...I am not a dress person though..a skirt I can do, but a dress I don't think I can. No Macys here ...darnit!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

long sleve v neck slinky sweater in a fall color and a nice mid calf A line dark skirt with nice little low heals (not too high they are unconfortable)

I have a similar outfit I wore lasy rear to a September sedding. It was nice and confortable and warm enough... and if it's too warm push the sleeves up.
This is something that i wear nearly every day though, so for me it would only be real dressy with spunky accessories.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of maybe a black skirt, and then just buy a fancy top? But I really don't want to have to spend alot of money for ONE wedding.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I'm thinking of maybe a black skirt, and then just buy a fancy top? But I really don't want to have to spend alot of money for ONE wedding.
That' good for a fall wedding...just as long as you dont' show up in long johns you'll be fine

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That' good for a fall wedding...just as long as you dont' show up in long johns you'll be fine
That sounds like one of those Jeff Foxworthy "you might be a redneck" lines!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could wear a nice pant or skirt suit in a darker colour. Or a simple long sleeved dress. I like navy blue vs black. Dress it up with some simple but elegant jewelery like a broach and earrings. Or a necklace depending on the cut of the neckline.

Dark stockings of course and matching purse and shoes...and hat if you like hats.

I love hats, and have a hat to match every one of my formal dresses, so maybe add a nice fine straw hat to the outfit.