Do I return it?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so yesterday I realized my phone is broken..my friend was trying to call for hours with a busy signal..she ended up calling my cell at night and asked if I was okay because she didn't know why my phone was busy for so long..

Anyway, so I went out today and bought another phone...and just as I was hooking it up..I tried listening for the dialtone on my old phone..and now its working!!

So, do I return the one I bought today? It was $30.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More than likely it was a problem with the line and not the phone.

If you donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mind returning things Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d say return it. But if you like it better than the one you have keep it and keep the other as a spare.

Personally I hate returning things.
Even when it was easy for me to get around I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t bother unless it was a lot of money or something I really needed.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see anything wrong with returning the one you just bought if it hasn't been used and abused. If you really like your old phone I'd keep it and still use it!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it's up to you. Which one do you like best? Do you have somewhere else in the house where you've wanted to put a phone and haven't? Personally, I'd probalby keep it as a spare or replace another phone that was driving me nuts with it. However, if you really don't need it, take it back.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If you like the new one better, then keep it. If not, then I'm assuming you have the receipt and the original packaging and you can return it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they are both cheap phones, so its not like one is better than the other...BUT I have had problems with the old phone before too...I know it wasn't the phone line because I called Rogers, and the modem was working fine.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well, they are both cheap phones, so its not like one is better than the other...BUT I have had problems with the old phone before too...I know it wasn't the phone line because I called Rogers, and the modem was working fine.
Then if you can afford it, try using this new phone.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't need the phone, then yes, return it. $30.00 is $30.00. If you don't "need" the money and don't care that you have it, a charity would be more than happy to take that $30.00 instead of having it tied up in something that isn't being used.

I say take it back and donate the money to a charity.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, well I'm definately not going to give the money to charity..I'm not rich you know

Perhaps I will wait until my old phone craps out again, and then replace with the new phone.

chaunte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd say return it.
Why should you be out the $30?
I return anything that is broken.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chaunte

I'd say return it.
Why should you be out the $30?
I return anything that is broken.
No, The old phone is broken but now its working again...so i bought a new phone today and am wondering If I should return the NEW one