8-bit!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not run into the hallway and growl at the neighbor's cat! It leaves a bad impression, and makes your Meowmy and Purrpa look unneighborly.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Do not run into the hallway and growl at the neighbor's cat! It leaves a bad impression, and makes your Meowmy and Purrpa look unneighborly.
But....but....where ELSE is he supposed to growl at the neighbors cat???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

But....but....where ELSE is he supposed to growl at the neighbors cat???
He shouldn't growl at all. OJ (the neighbor's orange tabby) has been there forever. OJ just looks at 8-Bit and yawns.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol....poor 8-bit! he was just definding his apartment from that weird little intruder
don't you know he's the guard cat

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and little gray man! Do NOT eat the cornbread Meowmy just made. You have an allergy to corn and you know this, so it's going to make you have runny poop for the next few days, and if it doesn't stop she has to take you to the vet again.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least 8-Bit only growled at the cat, Magnum if he gets out will chase our neighbour's German Shepherd! Poor thing is scared silly of a cat

But 8-Bit... cornbread is bad for you - so next time just stick it in a box and send it this way... ok?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

At least 8-Bit only growled at the cat, Magnum if he gets out will chase our neighbour's German Shepherd! Poor thing is scared silly of a cat

But 8-Bit... cornbread is bad for you - so next time just stick it in a box and send it this way... ok?
8-Bit and OJ are some how archrivals. I don't really understand it. 8-Bit will run out into the hallway when OJ is there and they will have a growling stand off. OJ usually just backs down, but 8-Bit has been known to chase him back into his apartment.

As for the cornbread, I shudder in fear for cleaning out the litter box. I called the vet and she said if he starts to vomit I need to bring him in. He seems fine right now, but I have to keep an eye on him.

I locked up the cornbread.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, when Raphael charges out onto the landing/fire-eascape, he just yowls at the top of his lungs. I am not sure why he does this, but I'm fairly certain it makes my neighbors think I am beating my cat, when in reality, he's just the biggest drama queen alive, ever.

Oh 8-Bit. let's hope you and Raphael never meet because you'd probably take over the world. Or something equally disastrous.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Haha, when Raphael charges out onto the landing/fire-eascape, he just yowls at the top of his lungs. I am not sure why he does this, but I'm fairly certain it makes my neighbors think I am beating my cat, when in reality, he's just the biggest drama queen alive, ever.

Oh 8-Bit. let's hope you and Raphael never meet because you'd probably take over the world. Or something equally disastrous.
We have a new kitten rescue (Talin) that we are rearing (and seem to be adopting, too) who is a total whiner. He screams at the top of his considerable lungs everytime something is not to his utter satisfaction.

I'm certain the neighbours think he has thirty limbs, and that we pull them off sssslllloooowwwlllyyy, one by one, every night, and that they regenerate the next day.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had my neighbor knock on my door at night and ask me to have 8-Bit stop meowing. He will stand in the middle of the living room and meow away for a good hour or two. DH and I have learned to block it out. In fact, if he didn't do it, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've had my neighbor knock on my door at night and ask me to have 8-Bit stop meowing. He will stand in the middle of the living room and meow away for a good hour or two. DH and I have learned to block it out. In fact, if he didn't do it, I wouldn't be able to sleep.
It's the one feature of life with cats that I don't think I'll ever fully adapt to. I'm sensitive to noise anyway, and whining (one of my pet hates, in humans or animals) til your whims are fulfilled is not likely to invoke my sympathy at the best of times.

I would never purposely adopt a loud cat.

On the other hand, don't seem to have any problems adopting me. Bobby is a very loud kitty with a frankly obnoxious meow, and Sláine is pretty vocal when she wants something she isn't getting RIGHT NOW PINK SKIN.

Funnily enough, before Talin turned up, I remarked to BF that the next time we were adopting a cat we were going to pick a very quiet adult kitty. BF was like "Ah, no, I kind of like when they talk." Who turns up? The Crown Prince of the Realm of Whiny Wailing.

And, so help me, I love him anyway.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My (feline) crew growl enough at each other they don't bother much w/the neighbors' animals -- Bella harasses Midnight, who growls back, Pansy growls if Bella invades her space, Bella growls & spits if Tuxie gets too close, and Tux generally hates everyone. Girls!! I swear! Other than that they're a pretty quiet bunch, except for Cinnamon who alerts at the slightest noise some nights. But hey, as a single female I can't complain; at least I'll know if there's an intruder!!