i need some help my cat should already have had her babies

frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the day before yesterday my cat had this yellowish slimy stuff come out of her vagina and she has constantly been wet down there since, with an awfull odor coming from her. i am worried she seem to be fine like her normal self her actual 63 day due date was yesterday, and i am worried about her, her babies are moving fine not any different then normal they or her dont seem to be in any distress. im just woundering if this is normal or not. please get back to me as soon as you can please im just worried. i called the vet and they told me to wait and call them back today if she dosent have them ill let you know and keep you posted on how everything goes.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frances

the day before yesterday my cat had this yellowish slimy stuff come out of her vagina and she has constantly been wet down there since, with an awfull odor coming from her. i am worried she seem to be fine like her normal self her actual 63 day due date was yesterday, and i am worried about her, her babies are moving fine not any different then normal they or her dont seem to be in any distress. im just woundering if this is normal or not. please get back to me as soon as you can please im just worried.
Frances....can you contact your vet?? To me, it's worth a call to your vet.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get her to the vet ASAP!!! It is normal for a cat to have discharge right before going into labor, but if it smells bad than that is a sign of infection. Let me do some fast internet research and check it out. Oh yeah, just because the kittens are moving doesn't mean that are fine. My cat got sick while pregger, the kittens were moving like crazy, but when they did a c-section, all the kittens alive yes, but were already decomposing and past saving. T

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got this off th internet. PLEASE take her to the vet, there is something very wrong with her and she needs to be taken IMMEDIATELY!

Depending on the size and type of breed the gestation period for cats can vary between 58-72 days; the average usually around 63 days, this may be useful if you know when she conceived. Some tell tale signs of pre-labor are that her fur will be receded from the nipples, she may been very lovable, her appetite will decrease or she may stop eating, her temperature will drop slightly just under 100 degrees ( if using a rectal thermometer, do not insert it more than 1 inch), panting and vomiting may occur; however, if her vomiting appears to be excessive, or her temperature drops below 98 degrees, or if there is a discolored and foul smelling discharge, then do not hesitate to take her to your veterinarian immediately or to an emergency animal hospital. I recommend that you call your veterinarian to have them on standby in case of such an emergency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Purulent Discharge. A foul-smelling discharge from the vagina or the mammary glands signifies the need for a veterinary visit.
You should call the veterinarian if your queen is two or more days overdue, if the stages of labor and birth don't progress, if she strains for more than one hour without producing the first kitten or more than 20 minutes with subsequent kittens, if the cat is bleeding fresh, bright red blood (more than a teaspoon), or producing a black, green, or brown-colored, white or foul-smelling discharge," Schweizer advises.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Frances, did you call the vet yesterday? Are there any updates?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe I scared her away...

According to her posts she has not posted anywhere else in the forum so I guess she doesn't like us...

I sure hope she and her kitty are all right.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I am worried too. If she cared enough about her cat to post on a site she had not been on before, then she cared enough to worry about her baby. I just hope she got the baby to the vets soon enough and that she is not blaming herself bitterly if anything bad happened.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh! I hope nothing happened! You don't think that maybe that's why she didn't come back, do you!? Do you think something happened to the cat?

MAybe she just borrowed a friend's computer or used a public computer and only goes on like once a week or so. I know that's how I used to be. I had to go all the way to the library if I wanted to use the internet. I was only able to go once a week, if I was lucky. I hope that's what happened and not that she got scared away or something worse.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so badly.....I wish there was some way that we could let her know that no matter what happened, we are still here for her.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Frances,

We are all hoping that all went well. If it didn't, then I hope you know that we are still here for support. I've used this site for some months now and I've read all kinds of wonderful and tragic things. We're hoping that you just haven't had a chance to make it back to the site and that everything worked out well, but if not, please know that you've got a lot of cat and people who love cat lovers here to lean on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry i lost my internet right after i wrote this and just got it back my momma cat had 6 babies and there all eating and litter trained and i have found homes for all of them they are very beautiful kittens.i have named them all and as soon as she is done weaning them they can go to there new homes.