radio question of the day: 10/26/66

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tis the season
.........do you go to craft shows? If so, do you go with spouses, family, friends, etc???

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes i love Craft shows i missed the last one but my sister went and told me all about it. I usally go with my sister I cant seem to get my hubby to go to see all them neat crafts

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not as much as I used too!!
I went with my mom to one a couple of weeks ago. We would go to another one every September but last year it seemed that there was less handmade stuff and more junky "boughten" stuff. Sometimes I go just to get ideas and make the stuff my self. Last yr on one of my organized of my craft closet sprees-I have organized my felt-I must have 20 different colors and many yards.
DH would never consent to go -oops I lie -the end of September we went to Octoberfest and quickly walked through the craft-he doesn't leave me very much tome to browse!!
I think its more a girly thing!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

No, I've never been, but would love to go. I'm sure I could drag DH. He's made me got to 1000 comic book conventions.
What kind of comic books does he like??

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one called Chritmas made in the South here every year. They have lots of neat stuff. We never really buy anything though becasue they charge an arm and a leg for stuff I can make for less than 1/2 the price!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have in the past, and when I was in the Girl Guides, we had a yearly craft bazaar that I always had to participate in, which kind of soured me on the idea of craft shows (I always found the bazaar to be extremely boring as a child). Now that I'm older, I only ever seem to hear about the craft shows after they've happened -- except for Fair November, which happens in my town every year at the university. I don't go to that because the crowds are vile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I don't think she has noticed yet!! I didn't notice till you mentioned it!!
I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, then it dawned on me, must be in the title!!
My fingers must have been typing too fast!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well lets hope that meant 2066 not 1966 cause I wasn't even a twinkle in my parents eyes at thattime!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely LOVE craft shows, but haven't been to one since I moved to California.

When I lived in Georgia I always went to our town's Sum-Nelly every year, a nearby town called Cave Spring's annual craft show, and about every other year we would make the 3 hour trek to Dahlonega, Georgia for "Gold Rush Days"...I REALLY miss craft fairs!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been to craft shows before, a long time ago.

It's probably the shows we have around here but I thought most of the stuff was like frilly lacey country-ish type stuff and that's just not for me. But I think that stuff was really popular around the time I last went to a show

Maybe I should go again! I love arts & crafts so much and I've been tempted to go but have no one to go with!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE arts & crafts festivals!
We usually have several of them every year in early autumn. I completly missed them all this year because they were held earlier than normal.
I'm definitely going next year though!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH YES YES YES! Our bit Annual Officers Spouces (formerly Officer's Wives) Craft Show is in 2 weeks! I am counting the days with more anticipation than a kid at Christmas!

I usually do a lot of shopping there and I just love looking at some of the fantastic things people come up with! I soooooo can't wait!!! My Mom and I go together every year. We do go to some other local craft fairs and things, but this is the biggest and the best around here that I know of!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

No, I've never been, but would love to go. I'm sure I could drag DH. He's made me got to 1000 comic book conventions.
I'd rather go without DH! He just mopes and takes some of the fun out of it! Plus then he can't seeee how much I spend...and you can't make returns at a craft show right?